Not A Content House

Anna's POV:
I'm hanging out with my brother Brandon when a notification lights up my phone. Reaching over to check it, I see it's not a name I recognize. Not a Content House? This catches my attention. I scroll through the email... I've been invited to join a house of TikTokers! My follower count has been skyrocketing- is this my big break? I immediately leap off the couch, sprint upstairs, and call for my mom. She spins around in the kitchen, knocking over a wooden spoon that was delicately balanced on a steaming pot.

"Oh- Anna, what, honey?"

"Mom, look! This TikTok house asked me to join them!"
She skims the email and looks back up at me. "We can't let you move across the country, Anna. I'm sorry, but this'll be a no."
There's no way. I can't let this opportunity go.

After two days of badgering my parents, convincing them that this is the best opportunity I'll ever get to pursue my interests, make money, and get experience in the world (pull the experience card and they can't say no), they finally agree to let me join the house. I'm elated. This is the chance of a lifetime.

Before I know it, my bags are packed, the tickets are booked, and I'm on a plane to Los Angeles, California.

Eva's POV:

Three days since my parents reluctantly decided I could join Not a Content House. In those three days, I've done nothing but think about my future. The people I could meet, the opportunities I'll have- what if I fall in love?

What if I meet the love of my life down in California?

Shit, that's far away. I'm moving to an entirely different country. And the United States... this should be interesting.

My flight leaves in an hour. I'm sitting in the airport right now, scrolling through TikTok. A video pops up on my for you page- it's a gorgeous, happy looking girl dancing with a boy with shaggy hair. The caption reads, 'So excited to be joining @notacontenthouse, can't wait to meet everyone!' Oh my gosh, this is one of my soon-to-be housemates! Her username is sabquesada. Checking out her profile, I learn her name is Sabrina. She looks so kind, and this only makes me more excited.

Anna's POV

Oh my gosh I'm here. My Uber just pulled into a gorgeous mansion- no, my new home. I tip the driver, grab my luggage, and start heading into the house. A thought pops into my head- do I look good enough for my first impression? I glance down at my outfit. Black sweatpants and a blue and white bleach-dyed hoodie. My hair looks good, I decided to go low-makeup today. I think I'm set. Before I reach the door, the garage starts to roll open. Should I wait here?
Turns out I don't have to. Two boys duck out and greet me with huge smiles.

"Hey! Are you Anna?" one asks. He has dark hair and a sturdy build.

"Hi, yes, I am."
"Great, I'm Goose. This is Lance, he's our photographer."
"Wow, that's cool. It's nice to meet you," I reply. They seem nice.

"Same for you," the boy Lance says. "Here, come on in, we'll introduce you to everyone."
Goose grabs one of my suitcases and they lead me into the house. It's huge, way bigger than I thought it'd be. Dang, this is where I'm living now.

A group of girls sits on a few couches in the next room over. As we walk in, they all turn to look at us.
"People, this is Anna Shumate. Anna, meet the NACH girls. First day of the house has gone smoothly so far, let's hope it continues that way."
All of the girls rise to greet me. I meet Ava, Cynthia, Sabrina, Katie, Madi, and Devyn. They all seem like they've known each other for years, but I think most of them just met today. Sabrina especially seems super nice, and all of my stressors go away as I realize this will be the best time of my life.

After some time interacting with everyone, Sabrina- who tells me to call her Sab- shows me to my room. It's way bigger than my room back home. She leaves me to unpack and settle in.

Eva's POV:

I reach the house and the garage is open. Do I just walk in? I hesitantly step up to the door inside the garage and knock twice. There's lots of noise coming inside, a lot of laughter and loud talking. Footsteps grow louder and then the door swings open. A girl with bouncing blonde hair meets my eyes and I realize she's Sabrina, the girl from the TikTok.

"You must be Eva! Hi, I'm Sabrina, but you can call me Sab. You're the last one here, now we've got the whole crew together!"
She's speaking quickly, clearly excited. I'm a little overwhelmed but I smile back at her. "Hey, yeah, I'm Eva."

"Come on in! I'll introduce you to everyone."
There are a lot of people, mostly girls but a couple of boys who say they won't live with us but they'll be helping out. Everyone seems super nice. Sabrina tells me there's one other girl who is upstairs, and then gives me directions for where to find my room. I head upstairs, turn the corner, and run smack into another person. Stepping back, I apologize quickly before taking a good look at the girl I'm talking to. Smooth, long, blonde hair, strong jawline, and eyes that I could look into forever. Oh my God, I've met an angel. My dreams could come true, I could fall in love, I could so easily fall in love with these eyes.

"Hey," she laughs. Oh, her smile. She's the most perfect person I've ever laid eyes on. I realize I'm staring, slack-jawed, and quickly try to regain my composure.

"H- hi, I'm Eva. Eva Cudmore. I'm so sorry, I didn't see you coming."

We laugh and she says, "So, this should be fun, huh?" With you around, anything will be fun. I don't say that, though. Instead I reply,

"Oh, for sure. I'm so excited."

"Alright, I'm headed downstairs. See ya later, Eva Cudmore." I just watch her as she jogs down the stairs. I have never seen someone that beautiful. Stop- no- I'm not catching feelings. But this girl... agh.