Chapter 12

Unfortunately for Alisha, Draco's random moments of kindness had completely disappeared. He was back to being rude, often insulting both Emma and Hermione. It bothered Alisha quite a lot. In fact, it bothered her so much that she found herself ranting about Draco's behavior to both Emma and Hermione.

"I swear he's so strange! One day he's making sure I'm alright after a detention with Umbridge, and the next he's insulting my best friends! He's so annoying!"

Emma and Hermione shared a look before chuckling slightly. Alisha huffed, narrowing her eyes.

"What?"

Emma smirked, causing Alisha to furrow her eyebrows.

"I think Draco has a crush on you," Emma said. Alisha's jaw dropped. Hermione was silent as she bit the inside of her cheek. Alisha shook her head. "There's no way that Draco Malfoy fancies me. He's such an arse!" Alisha exclaimed. Emma shrugged.

"It makes sense, though. He honestly doesn't know how to act around you."

Alisha sighed, rolling her eyes. "He doesn't. And even if he did, I wouldn't even consider being with him," she said. Emma chuckled, along with Hermione.

"Good," Hermione said, smiling.

___

Alisha made her way through to Potions with Hermione by her side. She was dreading sitting with Goyle, definitely not in the mood to do all of the work as she usually did. She shot Hermione a smile before slowly slipping into her seat.

Potions flew by. Alisha caught Draco stealing glances at her through class, making her roll her eyes. As she left the classroom, she caught up with Hermione, who was laughing along with Harry and Ron. Hermione gave her a warm smile, but the other two raised their eyebrows at her. She frowned, but Hermione grabbed her arm, pulling her away from them.

"Sorry about Ron and Harry," Hermione said. Alisha chuckled, shaking her head. "I'm used to it," she replied. Hermione rolled her eyes playfully. Alisha winked as she parted ways with the girl, making her way to the greenhouses for Herbology.

She greeted Emma with a smile as she put on a pair of gloves. "How was Potions?" Emma asked. Alisha let out a heavy breath.

"Dreadful as usual."

Emma grinned, putting on her own pair of gloves. "Most Slytherins love Potions. Snape is never foul towards you," she said. Alisha shrugged.

"It's not about Snape. It's having to be in the same class as Draco and his gang."