ABOP: A Walk To Remember

Well, hey people. Since my life isn't as dark as it is but does have some amazing moments/experiences/things, here is the ABOP mini-series. ABOP is the abbreviation for A Bit Of Positivity, to embrace the good things in life. Whenever I feel something is amazing, I'll write one. Here we go! (sic)

___________________________________

A few days ago, I borrowed A Walk To Remember from my best friend at school and OMG ASDFGHJKL THAT BOOK IS LIFE.

Basically I started the book with confusion, but after rereading the first part, I could understand the story so well. The story is about Landon Carter, and Jaime Sullivan. Their worlds are poles apart - with Landon being a rich kid, the son of a politician, and always getting into trouble and Jaime is the purest girl anyone could ever know. Part of the reason behind this is because her father is a church minister.

Carter runs for class president and wins. He needs a date for the dance. What does he do? He asks Jaime out, with no other option available. She accepts on one condition: He must not fall in love with her. He laughs and says it wont be a problem but who knew that it'd become a problem soon after?

Enough with the story, the love story in the book is slow and not fast paced like most of the books these days and it's told from Landon's POV. It's a must read for everyone. Because the book had me crying twice and going crazy over it. (the ending is genius)

The book is beautiful, lovely, heart-warming, but can make you rip your head off, crying uncontrollably, sobbing, and the pain will tug your heart. THE STORY GIVES YOU FEELS.

So I decided to watch the movie. Now, here's the thing - the movie is almost totally different from the movie, mainly because it's set in the 90s rather than the 50s, as told in the book. But the MOVIE MADE ME CRY A FREAKING SEVEN TIMES AND LET ME TELL YOU I DO NOT CRY SO EASILY.

Shane West + Mandy Moore = OTP

(newest OTP but still)

Also, the soundtrack is amazing af. Mandy Moore's voice is breathtaking and Only Hope is so delicately beautiful that I can even.

What are you waiting for?

GO WATCH IT.

Because their love is like the wind. They can't see it, but they can feel it.

<3

PS - THIS BOOK AND MOVIE NEEDS WAY WAY WAY MORE RECOGNITION.