"Wait, you said we?" Jade said and Marco was impressed by how quick thinking she was. Most people came out of these things with a fuzzy mind, unable to put things together for a bit.

"Yes, Marcus was in here too, he was really worried." Jade snorted in a very ladylike fashion knowing he was too busy keeping company next door.

"Sure, the day Marcus worried about me is the day pigs will fly and I will become president." Jade watched as Marco frowned most likely wondering what Marcus did.

"What has he done?" Jade rolled her eyes.

"The late-night guest is one reason," Marco said nothing as Jade went to get up only to fall back onto the couch.

"Careful." Jade waved his hand away and tried again to find she had bloody Bambi legs.

"I don't need your  help." Marco took a step back and held up his arms as he watched Jade struggle to stand up. 

Once Jade was standing and ignoring the pain in her leg as she limped over to her kitchen to grab the much-needed Panadol.

"Are you sure, you are fine?" Jade waved her hand as she swallowed the white tablet.

"Yes, I am fine Marco." Marco gave Jade a worried look before sighing. Jade knew she was being stubborn, but she will be damned if she ever asks for a man's help again. Marco stayed with Jade for another hour, before Jade all but pushed him out of her house demanding she was fine. 

Sighing Jade could finally let out a deep groan of pain she had been holding. Grabbing her crutches which were by the door she hopped over to the kitchen to begin the process of dinner she knew she most likely would not eat. 

Turning on her music to a dull beat she swayed her hips to the beat of the music as she prepared and cooked her dinner for the night. Once she had finished dinner Jade sat in front in front of the tv, but didn't turn it on and ate to the sound of music beating through her house.

That was one thing she missed most when out on a reconnaissance mission. Being able to listen to the sound of heavy or soft beats and the sorrowful sound of lyrics that poured out of singers with such emotion to make one cry. Closing her eyes Jade let her body and mind relax to the sound of music flowing through her apartment.

When Jade woke up the next morning, she found herself covered by warmth and softness, something she wouldn't find sleeping on the couch. Opening her eyes, she realised she was in her room. Frowning she must have sleep-walked into the room, cause last she remembered was sitting on the couch listening to music, which was now turned off. Shaking her head Jade got up and took a quick shower relishing in the warm water dribbling over her aching muscles.

She knew she overworked herself in the last week, but she was proud that her place looked more like home. When the water started to run cold Jade got out and made her way into the kitchen to see last night's dinner still out on the stove and unwashed dishes waiting to be cleaned. Scrunching up her nose at the wasted food, she cleaned up after last night before starting on breakfast. Groaning she realised that there was no food in her fridge and she needed to go shopping. 

Not caring she was in sweats and a baggy jumper she grabbed her keys and crutches before leaving her apartment. As she was leaving it just so happened that her arrogant neighbour was also leaving. Ignoring the arrogant man Jade walked over to the lift and waited for it to arrive hoping that Marcus would take the stairs. Jade sighed when the lift finally came and just as the doors were about to close a hand shot out causing them to reopen again, and in stepped Marcus with a bright smile on his face.

"Well, aren't you a fresh sight to see in the morning?" Jade ignored him and watched as the number went down. When they hit the second floor, she watched from the corner of her eye as Marcus stepped forward and stop the elevator from moving any further.