Chapter 16

The day after the little incident at the stables, Juliette finished the rehearsal with half heart. Her mind fully occupied with the Patrons, and she was thankful that she had mastered the ability to let her memory muscles take control when her mind was elsewhere.

She left out a sigh and entered her dressing room, only to jump from shock once she spotted Erik waiting for her at the other end of the room. She closed the door behind her, and the two of them slowly walked towards each other.

His eyes held sadness and regret as they finally stopped in front of each other. They were quiet for the first minute, Erik's breathing was heavy as he looked at her and holding the urge to make any move that might scare her.

"I am sorry about last night. I let my anger take the best of me" he hanged his head, but two hands on his cheeks slowly moved his head so he could look at her.

"I should apologize for lying to you," she said and gave a smile before placing a small kiss on his lips.

His hands went on top of her hands and slowly pulled them down, holding them carefully in his big gloved ones; and making sure he wouldn't hurt her injured wrist. She smiled at him and gave him a hug which he returned.

"Now that we both apologized... I want you to tell me the truth because it affects you more than I like."

They broke the hug and Juliette took a seat on the chair in front of her vanity while leaving a deep sigh.

"Those patrons... are the family I told you about; the one that raised me," she said as she let her hair loose and started to comb them.

"I see."

"I am worried they will recognize me Erik and if they do; I have no idea what will happen next, but I am sure it will be a far cry from good" she admitted as she combed her hair, Erik watching her from the mirror.

"Do not worry. They won't. I will hide you after the premiere."

She didn't reply but gave a nod with her head, exhaustion slowly taking her over. When she was emotionally stressed, she was getting tired way faster than usual. She knew it wasn't her body; it was her mind.

However, now that she had taken it off her chest. Now, that Erik had offered to hide her; she felt lighter. She smiled as he placed his hands on her shoulders, rubbed them carefully, and felt how stiff she was.

She closed her eyes and leaned her head back, relaxing under his touch while giving him a smile which he replied with one of his own.

===========================

Once the Premiere was over, and the curtain had fallen, Juliette had disappeared before anyone could comprehend that she was missing. Quiet like a little mouse, she walked into the shadows and entered her dressing room.

She sat on the vanity and quickly took off the makeup, giving once again a scowl at the revealing outfit she had to wear along with the rest of the Corp. It was a tight corset at the colours of gold with few jewels on it.

Her shoulders, collarbone and arms were fully exposed, and her ribs were pressed by how tight it was around her waist. She hated corsets since she was younger, always preferring shirts or day dresses.

The skirt was little more of her liking, being a lace at the same colour as the corset and allowed her legs to be visible. However, her lower waist was covered by a silk material beneath the skirt; allowing some privacy.

Once she took off all the makeup, she freed herself from the braid and let her now curly hair fall on her back. She shook her head a few times to allow all hair to be free and smiled once she sensed a presence behind her and saw her lover's familiar black outfit at the mirror.