Chapter 10

After she was saved by her Angel of Vengeance or better-known Phantom of the Opera, Juliette felt a weight off her shoulders and heart. During the three weeks of rehearsals, her mind was constantly going back to him.

His blue eyes, his soft voice, his cape with his scent around her shoulders

However, he hadn't shown up or leave a sign so far. She had started to lose hope that her foolish actions pushed him away even though she tried to think more positive for the said matter. Despite her mind and heart being clouded with different emotions, she didn't stop reaching up to Giry's expectations for her.

She had made lots of progress and in their new play; she was in the big three along with Meg and Marie. It didn't, of course, please many of the other girls, but she had gotten used to their jealousy and only focused on enjoying the dance and making her teacher and him proud.

Once the show ended, there was the grand ball that the owners had thrown. It wasn't necessary to attend, and Juliette was sceptical if she should try or not. She had no good ball dress yet, but she could take something from the old props.

She debated if she should go and give into Meg's pleads all the way back to her dressing room. However, once inside, her mind was set when her lavender eyes landed on her vanity, a white rose with a silk black ribbon was waiting for her.

She made her way there and sat down on the stool before taking the rose with a smile. She inhaled its sweet scent with closed eyes. She placed it in the small vase left empty as the old rose died a day before the premiere.

She looked at it and decided to go to the stables again to meet Cesar and secretly hoped to have another encounter with him. She changed into her normal outfit and made a mental note to buy some new clothes and pants.

Then, she braided her hair and let them fall on her back while the braid was tied by the silk black ribbon tied on the first white rose she had received. A few strands fell in front of her face, and Juliette wiped the makeup from her face, exposing her pale complexion.

Once she was done, she wore her cloak and pulled the hood up before slowly leaving the dressing room. By now, she had learnt each path and corner of the Opera; allowing her to go to the places she wanted fast and undetected.

Slipping with the shadows and being as quiet as she had mastered to be, she slipped into the stables. She was surprised when at the far end of the stable, Erik was standing and was petting a full saddled and ready.

=============================

After he had saved her, after she called him Angel; Erik felt a change within him; a change whenever he saw or thought about Juliette. She was constantly in his mind, coming and going in almost a torturous way.

At first, he tried to isolate himself from her. However, after a few days, he found himself in desperate need of her face. He started to draw her portraits and catching moments of her above the Opera as he watched from the shadows.

He tried to keep it there, unaware and unsure of how to approach her. After all, she was busy with the rehearsals now that Meg, Marie and she had taken the trio lead of the show. However, his chance finally came at the premiere.

He had made sure to leave a white rose with a black ribbon on her vanity, his now trademark for her. He didn't know if he should write a letter or just wait behind the mirror for her. No, that wouldn't work.

He had spent hours trying to form the perfect plan, and he had decided to go with what he knew about her. He had left the rose and went to observe the show, his eyes only on her as she danced gracefully.