Chapter 11

Almost a week after the small night ride with Erik and Juliette found herself constantly looking at the shadows, searching for him. When she didn't do that, she would daydream about him, his gaze, his voice, his everything.

She almost even missed a step once but thankfully saved it, and it was only a rehearsal. After that, she separated her mind during the performance, but she would only think of him for the rest of the day.

At nights, she would stare at the ceiling and the body length mirror; as if he would come any moment now and scoop her in his arm for a new adventure.

Then one fateful evening, once she returned to her dressing room; she spotted it. A white rose with a black ribbon and along with it, a small card.

Stage, midnight

~ E.

She smiled and placed the rose next to the other one before changing off her ballerina outfit.

===========================================

She waited until everyone was asleep and checked the time.

Midnight, she thought and hoped Erik hadn't left yet. She pushed off the covers, wore simple shoes and trapped the cloak around her to keep her safe from the cold surrounding the opera rooms.

She slowly tiptoed out of the room and made her way to the stage. It was dark, barely able to see anything or recognize where the stage stopped, and the floor existed. She walked slowly more towards the centre, her memory serving as her guide.

Suddenly, three flames appeared at the candles around the stage. One was at the far left, the other at the middle and the last at the far right. It gave a small illumination of the dark stage and the first row of chairs.

She looked around, but she didn't spot the man she wanted to see. She left out a sigh and waited; her heart beating faster with anticipation. She decided to do something about it, and so, she started to sing.

(Jekyll & Hyde – Dangerous Game. J: Juliette, E: Erik & D: duet)

J: I feel your fingers
Brushing my shoulder
Your tempting touch,
As it tingles my spine

Watching your eyes
As they invade my soul
Forbidden pleasures
I'm afraid to make mine.

*walks towards the edge of the scene*

At the touch of your hand
At the sound of your voice
At the moment your eyes meet mine
I am out of my mind
I am out of control
Full of feelings I can't define!
*turns to look at her left*

*Erik stands at the side and back of the stage, half of his body and face hidden by the shadows while the rest is light by the candlelight*

E: It's a sin with no name
Like a tiger to tame
And my senses proclaim
It's a dangerous game!

*both start walking towards each other, slowly forming a circle like two predators watching each other before attacking*

A darker dream
That has no ending
Something unreal
That you want to be true.

J: A strange romance
Out of a mystery tale