Chapter 5

Juliette walked into her small dressing room and quickly changed to the men's clothes she wore the first day she came. Then, she sat in front of the mirror to take off her makeup and as she did that; she started a conversation with herself.

"It wasn't essential. To knock him out, you know."

"Well, he was drunk, and you know how many girls he had tried to molest."

"That doesn't mean we had to knock him unconscious. We could kick him and run"

"We did kick him technically, just not the spot you had in your mind and as a plus, he is out cold."

"I still do not like that."

"Oh boohoo, no one is going to find out. They will all assume that he passed out from too much alcohol. Nothing new"

"Okay... and what about on whom we bumped before?"

"What about him?"

"How do you know it is a he?"

"I mean, muscular and tall and I doubt falling into a woman would cause us such fall."

"True. So you agree with me that we bumped on someone."

"Well yeah. I mean, it doesn't make any sense now."

==============================================

Erik stood there, trying to comprehend what he had just witnessed. A petite, skinny girl had knocked out a stagehand or better say a stagehand that deserved it, but with only one single kick.

Who was she exactly?

That was a question he had no answer yet and could only be added along with the rest. Deciding to find the answer to his questions about the mysterious homeless girl, he slipped into one of his closest dark pathways. He used his navigation skills and memory to end up behind the room at Juliette's dressing room.

He was surprised to find her sitting there, taking off the make-up from her face and body, and showing her pale complexion.

The surprising thing was the conversation she seemed to have with herself. Her head would turn slightly left and right whenever each side would talk, and the conversation was held normal as if they were two different people.

He was fascinated and slightly shocked by such an unusual phenomenon. He never in his life, travels and his books heard or read about such a thing. He only then understood that Juliette held many more secrets and mysteries that he had suspected.

He loved a good puzzle to solve, a riddle that needed an answer, but something deep down told him that this riddle called Juliette was much more complex than the usual ones he came across.

Good thing he liked a good challenge then.

He was snapped back from his deep thoughts once Juliette was done. She cleaned some dust from her men's clothes, wore a dirty and old black cloak and quietly slipped out of her dressing room. Erik was fats on his feet and silent as a shadow as he followed her, wondering where she would go next.

He was surprised when she arrived at the stables.

===============================

Juliette took a deep breath and smiled as the familiar scent of horses reached her nose. She walked deeper into the stables and looked at the different breeds she saw, recognizing each one.

She mentally named them and admired its creature until her eyes landed on the very far back stable where you would think it was empty from a first look, but her vision that was adjusted to the low light helped her see an animal's figure.