"She's dating Jimmy Fallon," Tat says, "of The Tonight Show."

I give Tat the what-the-fuck look.

"Oh really?" Johnny says, "Yeah, but I don't think that's that... Something else."

Shit, he wouldn't let go. I really should just put an end to this.

"You're a friend of my dad," I say, "Our families do many things together when I was a kid."

"Oh?" he says, "Of course! You're Michael's daughter."

"Yes sir," I smile

"That's it. What a small world!"

Oh please don't ask about my dad or my mom. Please God, please.

"So how's your..." he begins to talk again but then James cut him. "So is everything going alright, Tat? Has the guest of honour arrived?"

Phew. I look at James, somehow with gratitude, and he looks at me.
He looks away again. "Tat?"

"Yes he's here. He's here and ready," Tat says, "As a matter of fact, I am gonna go and check on him."

"I'll go with you," I say, hurrily. I say goodbye to everyone and follow Tat.
"Congrats, Tat," I say, "I bet you're getting a promotion after this."

"Pam, William wants to see you," he says.

"No."

"Yes! He asked me if I could get you."

I pause.

"Pam, I am not an idiot, okay. I did some researching and I found out there is a connection between you and William back in UK. At first I did not believe it. But then I think of that Kate girl and I guess he just have low standard in his women. No offense though. Anyway, it all made sense. My point was, he's doing all this for you. And even though I get the most out of this event, I would feel bad if he didn't get to see you."

"Tat, I have a boyfriend. And he's here."

"I didn't ask you to go there and make out with him, did I? Just go and listen what he had to say."

I sigh. "I'll do it after he got on stage, okay. Before he leaves. You don't want to mess with his head before the show, do you?"

"Good point."

"Just make sure he's in a room alone and I go see him."

"Okay," Tat says, "Thanks Pam." He turns around and walks away. But he stops and turns back to me, "I think you should come with Jimmy."

"What?"

"Come with Jimmy. It'll be appropriate. I'll tell William it's the appropriate thing to do."

"Tat, you never strike me as... Appropriate," I grin.

He smiles, "What do you want me to do. I like Jimmy a lot. I think you two are good together."

***

The session with William on stage was crazier than One Direction concert. At least that's what Kim said. I opt not to watch because I asked Jimmy to have a drink by the quiet bar and that's when I told him that we're gonna see William after this. He didn't mind.
So when Tat comes running for me, I know it's time. He ushers us to the room where William is waiting.

"Is he flying back tonight?" I ask.

Tat nods, "Yes." And he opens the door.

I walk in first and I see William sitting on the sofa, tapping his fingers on his knee. He looks up when he sees us. And he smiles to Jimmy.

"Hi," he says, holding out his hand, "I'm William. Nice to meet you."

"An honour for me," Jimmy says, shaking his hand.

Then he looks at me. "Hi Pamela."

"Hi," I smile, "How was the thing?"

"It was... Something I never experienced before."

We all chuckle. Then silence. The awkward silence.

"You know what, I think I'm gonna leave you both to talk. I am useless here cause I didn't study in UK," Jimmy says, letting out a nervous chuckle.

None of us say anything. I just look at Jimmy and I give him a comforting smile, the thank-you smile.

"I'll see you outside, ok?" he says, kissing the top of my head. "Bye William, nice meeting you."

"Yes, you too. Thanks, Jimmy."

Jimmy leaves and close the door behind him.

William and I look at each other.

"I don't understand, Pam," he says, "He's famous."

"Not at your level, Will."

"What are you talking about? I've read all about it. When Albert first told me, I was so angry."

"You know him because of his relations to me. I'm sure 90% people in UK don't give a shit."

"Oh just quit lying."

"Excuse me?"

"I think whatever reasons you created were lies. It's not because I'm the fucking public figure. You just didn't want to be with me."

"Will, I..." I pause.

"I don't know what to say," I say finally.

"Then don't say anything. I don't have to hear it," he walks toward the door, "Anyway I was the one who said, you can't force a heart."

"Will, wait please."

He stops. He looks at me.
I was going to say I was sorry, but I think it's useless, I shouldn't say it.

"He seems like a good guy," William says, "Is he good to you?"

I nod, "He's very good."

"Good," his voice sounds choked back. "Are you happy?"

"I am, Will. Very happy."

"Good," he says. "Alright then."

"Thanks for doing this..." I say, "Tonight."

He looks at me, pause. Then he says, "I did it for you," he says, "Because I wanted to say a proper goodbye to you."

He switches the lock and push the door opened, "So goodbye, Pamela."

He leaves the room. I sit there on the sofa and calm by breath.
About a minute later, I walk out of the room. I see two pair set of eyes looking at me. One is Jimmy's and the one is James'.

I look away from James and walk toward Jimmy. I smile and take his hand.
"Come on, Justin is about to perform. I want to watch."

###

The song in the video above is a cover of Maroon 5, Maps. I chose his version cos I hear some frustration and sadness in his voice, which I thought represent William's feelings here. xxx