Shattered Violets~23

Start from the beginning

“Now you listen to me.” My father started.

“Now, now you two play nice.” The lightness in Damon’s voice made me sick. “Now, Angel is it. I’ll play nice if you do. Let’s go. It’s time for Vivian and me to get married.” Damon bent down and kissed my cheek. Taking Angel by the arm he led her out the double doors of the hotel suite.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 Ripping my hand out of my fathers, I distanced myself.

“So father?” I turned to him, feeling the acid drip from my lips as I spoke to him. “What does Damon have on you? It’s got to be good to sell your own daughter to the devil?”

“My arrangement is none of your business?” he retorted.  

“Well, since I’m in the middle of your deal, I believe I have a right to know.” I stood there with my arms crossed over my chest, glaring at the bastard.

“You have no rights. The night you ran away, all you rights as my daughter were gone.”

“If my rights as your daughter are gone, then your rights as my father have vanished as well. By all rights, I should not be forced to marry a man I despise and don’t even know. As a father, you should be against such a thing.” I spat.

“As you father I have the right to do as I please. I will sell you to the highest bidder if I wish. After you left and soiled yourself, nobody wanted you. You are a tainted piece of trash. You could have been so much. Married into the most elite of families and raised the next generation of society. But no, you believed I killed your mother, when you know damn well the gun went off by accident. You ruined your future and mine.” He ranted as he paced back and forth around the room.

I stood there in ah. How could a father believe he was entitled to dictate his daughter’s life; to sell her to the highest bidder, as if she was just a commodity? I thought that by now my heart was made of stone, but it shattered again under his words. I stood there just staring at him. I couldn’t believe this man.

“So, then tell me. How much did you sell me for?” I asked, trying to keep my tone as neutral as humanly possible.

Listening to my father hmm and ha, I waited. After a moment and two he stopped pacing and turned towards me. “You might want to sit down for this young lady.” I stood there silent, waiting for him to go on. “Vivian my dear, I sold you hand in marriage for stocks in Multi-tek.” The gleam in his eyes made me sick.

“And how much is the stock worth?” I asked; feeling sick to my stomach.

“Well the last time I checked the agreement was for 49 shares of the company stocks, totally just over two-hundred million.”

“What the fuck?” I yelled. “You sold me for two-hundred million? You or Damon are out of your fucking minds?”

“Maybe, but I’ll be that much richer the moment you say I do!” He said, as he rubbed his hands together.  

I began pacing in my father’s wake. “You sold me for 49 shares in a company, worth two-hundred million? Why?” I asked, not sure if I wanted to know the answer.

“Well I already own 10 shares, so adding the 49, I’ll own the majority of the stock; allowing me to control the board. Hence, control the company.”

“What is so wonderful about this company that you want to hold the majority shares?” I asked.

My father laughed as he looked at me. I could see in his eyes he wasn’t all there. Something had snapped long ago.

“What makes the company so damn special my dear little girl is it holds billions in military contracts? Not just our nation’s military contracts, but other leading countries as well. With this company, I can control the world.” I stated in glee.

I had always known my father was a money hungry bastard, but he was fucking crazy as well. The only reason he married my mother was to get his hands on her inheritance. Now he’s sold his own daughter to the highest bidder, in hopes of controlling the world’s military contracts. Money and power was the only thing my father understood and loved.

As I was trying to wrap my mind around the whole situation, the door opened and Damon’s goon popped his head in. “Thomas. Vivian. We’re ready.”

“Oh fuck!” I blurted.

“Vivian!” My father warned. Taking my hand, he pulled me out of the room and down to hell waiting for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember to vote and comment.