Chapter Five

Lily's POV

"Lily!" I hear a high voice, I know who it is, its Violet. I can hear her footsteps speeding up while she tries to catch up with me. "Hey girl- how are you?" She is out of breath, struggling to say her full sentence.

"I'm good, how are you." I slow down my steps to let her catch her breath, looking back at her. Her hair was curled, loosely. Her deep brown eyes seeming innocent. She was a friend I met here. We didn't talk too often, maybe every other day.

"Great as always, how are you and Arron?" When she said his name her expression changed a bit, if I wasn't so good at reading people I probably wouldn't have noticed. I don't know if it was a good or bad change though. "We're fine. Same old same old"

"Oh well, he said you guys have been distant. Hmm, anyway I was wondering if you wanted to go out for a late lunch after school, maybe hit the mall. Whatever we find." He said? She was talking to him? I don't even care he can do what he wants. Do I really want to go out to lunch with her? It sounds unappetizing.

"Um sure, I think I'm free, I just know I can't be home too late because I have to start a project." I tilt my head to the side and give her an assuring smile, attempting to cover up how uninterested I probably sound.

"Oh that's perfectly fine! I won't keep you too late, I'm excited we never hang out!" The pitch of her voice getting higher, she defiantly sounds excited. Matching her energy I respond, "Me too! I'm just so busy I usually can't hang out."

"I understand, well I'll text you before school ends to figure out where we meet up! I have to get to class." She smiles and we exchange byes. When she was a few feet away I let out a breath, relieved she was gone.

Violet is nice, she's never done anything to me personally, I think it's the fact she's associated with this school that bugs me. I shoot a text to Rea warning her about my absence to come while walking to class.

Sent

Hey, I'm going out to lunch later with a girl from school, just warning you so you don't think I got kidnapped ;)

~~

"Thank you so much it was amazing." I praise the waitress as she takes our food away. Standing up and picking up my stuff. "So Violet, what do you wanna do next?" I turn to her, deciding since I chose the restaurant she can choose what we do.

"Hm, well I do have to stop at a certain store, if you don't mind, I have plans with this guy and want to look good, if you know what I mean." She winks and I laugh, automatically picking up on what she's saying. I wonder who the guy she's buying lingerie for is.

Nevermind no I don't, I don't care.

She's 18 she can do whoever she wants.

"That's fine, I have about an hour till I have to go home to start my project so we can stop by there and walk around."

We walk around before stopping at the store she needed, we walk inside and she almost runs to a set she sees.

"This is so cute! But this isn't really my color... I wonder- Oh! This! This is my color!" She quickly turns around on her heels, holding the set to her body, "What do you think? Is it cute? Too much? Too little?"

I look her up and down, scanning her body and debating the lingerie. "It's cute, I like the color." She smiles, turning to the lady who I assume works here. "Hey, ma'am? Can I try this on?" She holds it up like the lady couldn't already see it.

"Um yeah you can, over there," she turns and points to a section of doors with a light-up sign above it that reads, "dressing rooms"

Before Violet gets the chance to walk away the lady starts again. "I assume you already know this but I have to tell you, you have to keep your basic undergarments on for sanitary reasons, if you decide you don't want it please find me so I can take it into the back room." Her voice is soft, she sounds no older than 22.