Chapter 39

Zayn's POV
I groan as I sit into the chair to let Lou do my hair for our next interview. After some time away from work, I had gotten used to being lazy. Bailey was lying on the floor beside me, looking as if she had melted into a puddle from sleepiness. Every member of the makeup team had awed at her and given her so much attention when we came in this morning.

Even though I complained to Harry and Chris all morning, they took none of it and still dragged me out of bed this morning.

"You look cute when you're sleepy," Harry half whispered from his own chair.

"Get a room," Niall snorted, rolling his eyes.

Harry only smirked and winked at me, despite Niall's joking groans.

Soon enough, we were all ready and it was time for us to do the interview. Thankfully, it wasn't a live one so there wasn't as much pressure, but it's still a bit stressful.

"The order for where you sit on the couch will be Zayn, Liam, Niall, Harry, and Louis," Simon said from backstage, eying us as if we were about to act out any second now.

Much to his protests, Harry was silenced and shooed away. As much as I wish I had him by my side to answer questions, Bailey was still here and although she's just a dog, it feels as if she knows me better than anyone.

"You boys can go on now."

Filing out, we all greeted the interviewer-a well groomed man, looking to be in his late twenties-and sat down, making ourselves comfortable.

He asked question after question, all of them being relatively easy to answer to my relief. With the lads next to me and Bailey at my foot, I felt confident enough to speak up from time to time.

"So Zayn, your fans have had a lot of questions," he smirked, "To start off, can you just talk through the process of getting your dog, Bailey?" Motioning down to her, she whipped her head up and sniffed his hand.

"Well, erm I've always wanted a dog I guess," I choke out, looking to Harry for reassurance, who nodded and smiled softly. "So we found Bailey and I fell in love with her almost immediately. She used to um be a service dog but now she's just a regular pet because of her seperation anxiety." I felt a pang in my chest for lying, but telling the truth was just too hard. It would be humiliating for the fans to know that I'm fucked in the head.

"But she still wears her service dog vest?" He raised his eyebrow and showed a few pictures from the paps of her wearing it.

Under the stress of the hot lights and camera, I begin sweating and stuttering.

"Well actually, I read somewhere that if she wears a vest without being a service dog, she can still go everywhere with Zayn. It helps Bailey a lot, um because of her anxiety disorder," Harry spoke up. In that moment, I was incredibly thankful for him. Making a mental note to attack him in hugs and kisses later, the interviewet nodded and went on to the next question.

"Zayn, another question for you," he chuckled, "On your live only a couple nights ago, somebody behind the camera reached out and kissed you. Would you like to tell the fans who the lucky lady is?"

Looking around, I noticed that all the boys were cracking up, but trying to compose themselves as my cheeks started burning up.

"No?" My answer came out as more of a question.

"No?" He laughed,"So you can't tell us who it was?"

"Erm, no sorry I can't tell you." I battled to keep my eyes on him and not on Harry.

"But you are taken, right?" He raised an eyebrow once again as he asked the question.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," I chuckled, still blushing like mad.

"On the topic of relationships, are any of you also in relationships?" His eyes scanned the other boys on the couch. I sighed at the attention being taken off of me, but the anxiousness soon returned when Harry piped in.

"I'm also seeing someone," he smirked and rested his finger over his mouth, trying to conceal the smile.

"And who would that be?"

I could feel Bailey, pawing at my foot, begging to relieve my nervousness for his answer. After all, what if he exposes us?

"Sorry, can't say," he chuckled, then shut his mouth, not daring to say another word.

"What about the rest of you?"

"I'm in a relationship," Liam said, kind of shyly.

My head whipped over to him. We normally tell each other about relationships, and judging by everyone else's looks, he didn't tell anyone else.

"I'm interested in someone," Niall chimed in too.

Once again, I looked at him in confusion. How could they not tell us? I couldn't help but feel a bit left out that they didn't feel comfortable enough to tell us, but I know that's selfish.

"Can you say who the lucky lady is?" The interviewer asked, kind of desperately.

"Nope," the blonde said, popping the 'p'.

"Louis? Is there a special someone for you?"

"Nah, I'm still single," he said nonchalantly, snorting after.

"Well that was lovely boys, thank you so much for taking your time to talk with me."

"Of course," Liam smiled.

After the cameras had cut off and we were escorted back to the dressing room, I hooked my arms around Harry's neck, pulling him down to attach his lips to mine. He quickly melts into my kiss and yanked me closer so there was no space between our bodies. Placing his hand on the side of my face, I could feel the cool metal of the rings that he was always wearing.

All of a sudden, I remembered.

His hand was in frame during the live.

Anyone would be able to recognize his hand from the rings.

"Harry, I think we fucked up."

Liam's POV
"I thought we were together, do I mean nothing to you?" Although I'm a bit angry and frustrated, I'm mostly just confused.

"It's just that I- um, I don't know," he threw his hands up, then returned them back to his face, rubbing agressiveley, "I'm sorry."

"Hey, Ni. It's ok, I just need to know that you're as invested in our relationship as I am. I know we've only been together for a couple weeks but I really like you."

Looking across the room to where Niall was still running his hands through his hair, I swiftly walk over and grab his hands, putting them to my chest after planting a kiss onto them.

"I'm sorry Li, I just don't know if I can do it." I understand where he's coming from. It's not easy to come out.

"Take as much time as you need, then we can come out together," I smiled into his shirt, "But I promise, everyone will support you."

"Can we tell people? I mean, if we're both sure about it, then there's no use in hiding it," he bashfully smiled, "Besides, I don't want to hide my sexuality anymore."

"Of course, love."

Picking him up, he wraps his legs around my waist and his arms around my neck. "Can I kiss you?"

Without answering, he pulled me in by the collar of my shirt as I enjoyed the warm feeling of his lips.

I hope you enjoyed that chapter!! Please vote and follow both of us!

-Michelle