Chapter 23

I watched the others carefully checking each corner. "Akira." I said quietly. He looked at me.

"What is it?"

"I...regained parts of my memory." His eyes widened. Keith and Zaila gritted their teeth.

"Isn't that bad?" Maria suddenly spoke up. Keith sighed and nodded.

"That's why we're breaking him out. If he remembers too much everything will be thrown into chaos. We can't let that happen."

"But I want to know what happened." I said and looked at them in a serious pleading way.

"You can't." Keith shouted at me.

I stepped back from him. Akira tightened his grip around my hand. Keith looked at him curiously.

"Please don't shout like that in front of him." Akira stared at him.

"Noir its okay. He's not here to hurt you so you'll be fine." Maria said as nicely as she could.

"I know that but...you saw what he did! To me, to mom." Maria looked don't sadly.

"I know. That's why you have to get over it. It'll haunt you forever if you don't." I saw her trying her best to not remember.

She put on a big smile and hugged me. "Its okay. We're going to be fine."

Keith and Zaila looked at each other confused.

Finally Keith sighed and look at us seriously. "Okay we can wrap up family stuff later. Right now we need to focus on getting out."

He looked back down the hallway to see of there was a clear path for us. When he was sure there was he started walking.

We followed him but after we did there were guys surrounding us. "When did they...?" He seemed surprised.

One of the guys stepped forward. "Sorry but I think our King wants the prince back." He said as another guy gripped my arm tightly.

Akira looked angry. Not just any type of angry, like super pissed off. He tightened his grip and I squeaked in pain.

Akira was about to punch the guy but Keith was faster. He punched the guard in his face and threw me at Akira.

"Take him and Maria and run!" Keith shouted. Akira nodded and took both me and Maria with him.

I looked behind me and saw Keith and Zaila fighting. We were running so I lost sight of them pretty quickly.

I hope they're okay. I looked at our surroundings wondering how big the castle was.

"We're almost outside."

"Already?"

"They kept really close to the from door."

"Oh. Is Keith and Zaila gonna be okay?" I looked at him sadly. He shook his head.

"I don't know but I hope they'll be fine." He said as we kept running. I saw the door as Akira pushed it open.

Sunlight hit the ground in front of us, showing the bright colors around it. "Let's go." Akira held my hand as well as Maria's.

We headed for the barrier but before we reached it Keith and Zaila called out to us. We turned around and motioned for them to hurry up.

They ran over and both were smiling. "We beat them up pretty good." Keith said laughing. Zaila nodded while smiling.

"Noir. I want you to know something. What's important is not about the past but right now. That's why you shouldn't worry about what you don't remember. Just worry about what you have now." Zaila hugged me and smiled. "We all support you." She whispered quietly.