10: same old love

-veronica's pov-

-trigger warning mentions of sexual assault-

Later that night Chris,the boys and i are sitting outside in the backyard. I go answer it and it's Pete. he comes in and pushes me against the wall and starts kissing my neck. I immediately try to push him off. It was hard, he was strong. I start yelling for anyone. And Vinny and Ricky come running out of the kitchen. Pete shoves his hand down there and i start balling. Vinny and Ricky come running over and get him off and start beating the shit out of him. I slide down the wall. Chris and the rest of the boys coming running in from hearing the commotion. Chris sees me and comes running over to me. He panicked "baby are you ok?" he asks me. I shake my head as the memories of my fathers friends doing worse come flooding in. I hold onto Chris for dear life. Tears stream down my face, he looks at me. This is the one thing the boys didn't know about me. Justin calls the cops, and Pete gets arrested. I give my statement, and go inside. When i calm down i look at the boys and say "there is something I haven't told you guys about, it's hard to talk about.' Chris says "baby you don't have to." i say "i want to, when i was younger my dad was the head of a mob. He had bad friends, friends he would let assault me, sexually."

They looked at me shocked and Vinny ran over and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back, shaking. Justin says "we're all here for you especially Ricky and Vinny. I have never seen Vinny hit someone that hard ever." Vinny says " Ronnie is my best friend. I would have killed him, if you guys didn't pull me off." I hug him and say "you're my best friend as well, Vinny." Ricky says "what about me?" i say "get over here goofball, you know you're my best friend as well." I hugged him as well and the rest of the boys joined us, me being at the center. We break apart and Chris holds me, and says "I broke my promise." i look up at him, and say "you didn't break anything, you had no way of knowing he would do that."

The boys crash here for the night. And Chris carries me bridal style up to his bed. We cuddle and talk all night. When we turn on the news, we see the story of last night all over the news. The tweets trash talking Pete start rolling in. and of course a few saying i probably faked the whole thing for attention. I got off twitter and stayed off for a few weeks. I started writing songs like crazy. I released my first single, and a lot of people loved it. Now I was known as the girl with the tragic backstory, who worked her ass off to get where she is today. And not the girl who got assaulted by her ex best friend.

Chris and I have been talking about me moving in with him. I'm scared of what people are going to say. I started going to therapy, and I'm finally to the point where I can be happy with myself. I just got out of my latest therapy session, and I call Chris. He answers and says "hey baby, how'd it go?" i say " amazing, i want to move in with you. I'm ready." he says "that's the best news i've heard this month! I can't wait for us to share a home!" I giggle at how excited he is. I say "I can't wait either, Chris you really are the best thing to ever happen to me." he says " i know baby, you remind me everyday." i say "and i will everyday for the rest of my life." we talk for a few more minutes.

I head to my meeting with MIW record, they want to sign me and hopefully tour with Motionless. I'm beyond excited for my future. This is the first time in a long time that I have been truly happy. Chris meets me at the record label, and we go in and talk for awhile, I come out signed and with a spot on motionless' tour. Chris says "I'm so proud of you, baby."