Trost Pt.6 Eren

The violent abnormal titan was being eaten by several others.
Titan...canabalism?

"It can't...regenerate itself?" Armin marveled, brows furrowed.

"If we could some how unravel the secrets of that Titan..." Mikasa paused, "I thought we would be able to break out of this hopeless situation."

"I agree." Reiner said, causing us to turn towards him. "If it's completely devoured we'll never learn a thing! Lets drive away the titans around it and keep it alive."

I could sense another motive behind his eyes, like he knew something that we didn't. I studied him then turned to Jean knowing he would protest.

"Are you crazy Reiner?! We finally have a chance to get out of this hell!"

"Jean." Everyone turned to me, "Shut. Up." Annie smirked behind me.

"Theres a possibility that titan can become our ally?" Annie asked rhetorically.

"Ally? Are you serious?" Jean's eyes widened. No wonder Eren fought so much with him. He's so narrow minded.

My heart lurched in my chest as the sadness came back. Fuckin' hell.

Armin suddenly gasped in horror. "That's..." He shook, "That's the abnormal titan that...ate Thomas!"

I readied my blades glaring at that son of a bitch. If i couldn't get revenge for Eren, i would get revenge for Thomas. Before I could do anything, an angry almost human-like scream came from the buff abnormal titan. We all stood in shock as he shook off all the titans that were eating him, like he'd found a new purpose. Loosing both arms in the process, he kicked smaller titans out of the way. His huge scary jaw opened wide as he chomped on the neck of the other abnormal titan.

Wait...the neck? He targets the neck...which means he knows the titan's fatal weakness...which means titans can have intelligence...?

He pulled the titan upwards in his deadly jaw, cracking several ribs. A titan creeped up behind him and I wanted to warn him but that would've been really stupid. He looked over his shoulder and body slammed the creeper titan into a building. He finally dropped Thomas' killer and screamed towards the sky. I could almost feel the anger and fustration and even a bit of grief radiating from the titan.

Then it just fell. Face first.

We all stared at it. "Guess it has nothing left!" Jean said turning away. "That monster will never be our ally. Once a titan, always a titan."

I would kill Jean later but something more interesting was going on. A body was appearing from its neck. A boy. He lifted his face towards the sky and Mikasa and I gasped.

E-Eren?!

Mikasa and I flew down and ran towards Eren. I heard tears behind Mikasa's frantic pants and slowed my pace to a jog, knowing it wasn't my right to try and get there first. I stood back as Mikasa hugged Eren fiercely and sobbed into his chest. I hugged myself.

I don't know why I wanted to take Mikasa's place...but I did. I stood there for a good five minutes before joining her, trying not to cry. I picked Eren up bridal style and maneuvered back onto the roof where we stood before. I set the surprisingly light taller boy down and stepped to the back of the group.

How'd Eren get from the old looking titan, into that one?

How the hell did his arm and leg grow back?

How the hell is he even alive?!