Enough For Tonight

~~ Readers Point Of View ~~

The world is so blurry. I have no clue whats going on but I can tell by the frantic air that something bad is happening. I couldn't care less. Did Levi hear my promise? Where was he?

"Levi?" I whisper to anything that can hear me. I can barely hear myself. The commotion stops dead.

"Hange. Why the hell is she awake?!" A voice...a very familiar voice screams from...across the table? Am I on a table? I still feel like I'm under water, the voices...above me are distorted heavily.

"Calm down, Levi! I didn't give her anything cause she was already passed out! Hand me that syringe!" A female voice yells back. So Levi's here--

Suddenly there's a sharp prick in my arm and I feel like I'm sinking again.

~~ Levi's Point Of View ~~

I carry her down the hallway. Her entire body is covered in bandages. My entire shirt is covered in blood. There was a bit of metal inside of her, causing some serious internal bleeding. Hange did her thing while I panicked embarrassingly, just barely managing to hand her tools while my anger was boiling. It would take her a couple weeks to heal enough to do any sort of military work. She would miss this mission. I'm not sure if I'm relieved or not. Isabel and Farlan's bodies are in my memories more often now that she's here. But... I still would feel better if she was riding by my side. I shake my head at myself. I get so selfish when it comes to her. I look down at her peaceful face, remembering a time when her only worry was feeding her father--

Her father. Shit. She must have seen him down there. She knows I lied to her. How can I be selfish with her like this when she can't even trust me enough to not break her heart?

I open the door to her old room. I knew the way by heart. While she was away, I always came here and stood in front of the door. It helped me think. I set her carefully on the cot and pulled her desk chair next to the bed and took a seat. With clenched fists I stared at her. I should've went in her place. I shouldn't have let anyone touch her. I should have never met her in the first place.

The thought hits me with a pang. That's right. If she was never in our group, she would have never been caught with a 3DMG, she wouldn't have been forced into the military, forced into a stupid funding mission, and hurt so badly like this. I guess that can be said for all of them, huh? If they had never met me...

I stand up from the chair and leave the room. (Y/n) was right. We should keep Whiskey around more often.

~~ Readers Point Of View ~~

I wake with a start. My head feels heavy like I was knocked out and my body is cold and wet with sweat. I don't remember how I got here. Here...where is this? I swivel my eyes around the dark room I'm in. I recognize it in the fog of my mind. My old room. I feel the sheets, which are stretched to each corner of the bed in military precision. The room was almost too clean, mirroring the state of the bed. Levi must have cleaned it.

Levi.

I sigh and sit up painfully, my entire body feeling like a mess of bruises and tight stitches. I must look like a monster. I ponder that thought. The only time I cared for my appearance was when I distracted men for their belongings. Ever since joining, or in my case, being forced into the military, my only thought was getting to my friends and protecting the ones around me. I never had time to worry about my hair or the scars on my body. I guess I have time now. The mission is too soon for them to let me go with them. They also can't squeeze all the intel and training of a month into this short amount of time. I sigh again, sinking feeling in my gut. There's a high chance some of my friends will die out there. Again.