The Cadets

A/n: Sorry about last nights quick chapter xD or you could call it last nights quicke! Hahaha*cough* ok sorry continue.

They shoved me a uniform and guarded the carriage to give me privacy. A tan half jacket, white pants, a white button up shirt, knee high brown boots. Knowing that they're waiting for me, I put on the uniform quickly, leaving a button not buttoned. They lead me to a flat land where hundreds of kids around my age stood in salute. I practiced my salute on the way down, perfecting it.

"They're already a year into training, so you'll be the same age." The only nice woman in the entire military reassured me.

"Thanks...but why are they waiting like that?" I asked her. She smiled.

"They're waiting for you."

"For me?!"

"For you."

I didn't know what I was so afraid of, I had nothing to prove to them. But why wait for one cadet? I bet this is Lord Brow's fault. It's not like I'm special...I'm just better than most to all of them.

~~Time skip to finally reaching the ground~~

The male soldier shoved me forward to walk faster, making me glare at him. I stop about ten feet in front of the cadets and offer a sarcastic salute. The man who shoved me clicked his tongue.

"This is Cadet (Y/n) (L/n)!" The bald man projected his voice to the cadets. "She will be joining us from today forward! Since you missed a year, hope and pray that you don't get yourself killed!" I tried to hide my chuckle of arrogance but left my amused face on. If I die this early, I don't even deserve to have lived in the underground.

"I have no idea why shes so damn special, to join a year late and make us wait in the sun for her, but she is now one of our fellow cadets now!"

He paused like he wanted to talk more but decided not to. "Dismissed!!" He screamed, making me cringe away from his voice. Loud son of a bitch. I heard a snicker in the crowd and decided to ignore it.

"Bet she has a rich family--"

"Honestly, waste of time--"

"She'll die soon anyway--"

The cadets erupted in gossip like I couldn't hear them. I sighed and put on my scary you-will-seize-to-exist eyes and walked among them. Which quieted them down some.

~~Time skip to dinner~~

I sat at a random table with my first meal in weeks. I stuffed my face, not caring about the confused stares that bored into me from all over.

"Guess shes not rich after all, eating like that."

"I think she doesn't realize we get meals every day."

I had to stop listening so I wouldn't kill someone. I wish someone would just come trash talk to my face. These kids don't know a damn thing.

Three confused kids came in and sat at my table. I almost laughed at their stupidity, but appreciated them trying.

"I'm Armin. This is Eren and Mikasa." A blonde kid with a bowl cut introduced his friends. Mikasa with the scarf, Eren with the angry-for-no-reason eyes.

"Thought you could use a friend or two." Armin smiled. I didn't need friends, just someone to punch.

"Uh, sure. I'm (Y/n) (L/n). But you knew that."

"Nice to meet you." Armin smiled again. "Where do you come from?"

"The Underground." I said nonchalantly while resting my chin in my hand. I'm not gunna hide my past. They wouldn't be able to make all these idiotic guesses when they knew the truth.

Eren blinked in interest. "Really?!" People where starting to drift into our conversation. The lunch room was quiet and everyones eyes were on my face.

"Yeah, I just said that." Mikasa looked at me with skepticism and a tad bit of interest. I decided to ignore her.

"What was it like?" A buzz cut kid with yellowish-hazel eyes asked joining our table.

"It was...ok? What do you want me to tell you that you don't already know?" I sighed. I kinda regretted telling them now.

"Do people die a lot?" Someone said in the back. These dumb ass kids. The grouped laughed.

"Yes you dumb fuck. People die a lot everywhere. Thats how it works." I started to hate them because of their immaturity and foolishness. Like honestly, might as well ask what the weather was like.

"What was the weather like?"

Wow.

"Really?" Eren shouted.

"I think we should all back up. She obviously doesn't want to talk about it." A kid with freckles said. The crowd started to calm.

"I agree with Freckles over here." I pointed at the kid. The crowd started to disperse. God, I should've just said Wall Maria or some shit. This back fired.

Failure.

A/n: The timing is aaaall wrong, I know. Levi is already Humanities strongest solider before this. Lets just pretend that he's already going on a lot of expeditions during these two more years of training and Isabel and Farlan are already dead. xD -feels- Ty for reading!