Out Cold

As soon as I'm in eyesight of a soldier I collapse on my knees and fall to my face. I see and hear things in fragments now.

An: Every "~~~" means that u fade out and then back in of consciousness.

"Hey! We need help over here!" Someone shouts.

Fingers press against my neck. "Holy crap is she even alive?" A female whispers, taking my pulse. I cough to confirm it for her. "Get Hange!" She screams.

~~~

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)! Oh my God. Your back! Can you hear me? (Y/n)?" I see a pair of watery blue eyes and recognize the voice.

"Armin?" I reach for him and he grips my hand tightly.

"Hang on, okay?" He squeezes my weak hand. I hear some yelling commotion as if a crowd has formed. I focus my eyes a little. A crowd had formed. And a very angry teenager was shoving through it. I was on the ground and (H/n) was gone.

"Move!" He yells and goes on the other side of me. The watery eyes are replaced by fierce green ones, boiling with rage and frozen with concern all at once. "(Y/n)! (Y/n)! Oh my god! Are you breathing? Who did this to you?!" He yells in my ear.

"Shut up." I croak, cringing away from his loud voice. I feel his relief as his shaking hand moves to stroke my cheek. 

"(Y/n)...I...I've always--" He begins before another force barrels into my vision, yanking Eren back and away from me. This time, my relief can be felt from a mile away.

"Levi."

~~~

I feel myself bouncing up and down and let loose an irritated groan. 

"(Y/n)." A hard voice states coldly above me. I crack my eyes open painfully and see his calm face. It would have been perfectly tranquil if it wasn't for his crazed eyes assessing my features. He appears to be carrying me. I have no idea where, but I desperately want him to stop.

"Argh!" I cough. "Put me down! Please!" I beg him in a whisper, gripping his shirt with the little strength I had. His hurried footsteps quickened which hurt even more.

"We're almost there, okay? Almost there." He whispers back in a panicked and slightly fatigued voice. He holds me tighter, his arms locking me to his chest like a vice. 

My sight was fading in and out, a sign I was going to pass out again from the pain soon. I didn't know what I was saying but I let myself say it anyway. "Levi?" My voice, acting like my sight, fading in and out.

"Yeah?" He looks down in horror, thinking I'm puffing my final breath.

"Don't go. Okay?" My head felt heavy and I knew I was going to pass out cold.

~~~

~~ Levi's Point Of View ~~

She slumps back down in my arms, her fist filled with my shirt fabric releases it's tension. I hate to see her passed out, but I feel better knowing she can't feel the pain. I take off in a full sprint. Carrying her up several flights of stairs and running through corridors was a real pain in the ass, but the hard part was over. Hanje's office or lab or bedroom or whatever she likes to call it was just around the corner. I'm not sure what she plans to do to (Y/n)...but I'm glad she's not awake to see it.

I kick open the locked door with a pant, making a startled Hanje practically shit her pants. She quickly takes in the situation, clearing her lab table with one sweep of her arm and moving her chair out of the way. I lay (Y/n) down as gently as possible. My chest feels like it wants to flip inside out when I take in how bloody she is and how many cuts and bruises she has on her body. And how most of them would scar.

Her eyebrows scrunch together in her sleep, scowling even now. I ball up my fists. Who did this to her? Who would hurt her like this? I look up at Hanje who is running around the room, her arms filled with supplies. She puts it on a smaller version of her table beside her and quickly turns away again for the next batch of supplies.

"Hanje..." I growl. Why isn't she prepared for these kinds of emergencies? (Y/n) is dying!

"Levi." She replies sarcastically. She carefully places her scalpels on the table.

"Hanje..." I growl once more. Not thinking she understands the situation. 

"Levi." She rolls her eyes as she tosses me a knife to cut off (Y/n)'s clothes. I do so quickly and try not to wait too long when cutting off her underwear to avoid any questioning. That isn't even the main point. Her chest is riddled with bruises and weird linear holes that come in sets of four. I realized these markings were from brass knuckles, having used them before in the Underground.

The thought makes my heart hurt to know she endured all of this pain for a stupid mission for money. So I push Hanje one more time. "HANJE!" I shout at her, banging my fist down on the metal table where (Y/n) lays, stark naked, bloody and injured, and breathing beginning to wheeze. Hanje stops to look at me which is not the response I wanted but at least I have her attention.  "She is this close to dying," I part my fingers only by a small fraction to emphasize my point, "and your arranging your damn scalpels?!"

She approaches me slowly as if I'm some sort of rabid animal. "Levi...If you need to step out, do so. Just send Petra after you. Because with this amount of injury? I'm going to need some help." She walks around the table, places her hand on my shoulder, and stares into my eyes. "Now I need to know right now. Are you going to stay?" She grips my shoulder expectantly and nods at me.

(Y/n)'s last words before she passed out still wringing in my ears as I look from Hanje's eyes to (Y/n)'s body. I nod in confirmation.

"Yeah. I'll stay."

A