Court

~~Time Skip to Eren being brought into the courtroom~~

Eren looks around confused, like he doesn't know where he is. I cross my arms and watch silently. I stand between Rico and Mikasa.

Mikasa gasps and leans forward. "Eren!" She whisper shouts.

"Mikasa...Armin? (Y/n)?" He looks pleadingly into my eyes and my heart softens. One look with those stunning green eyes...and I wanna tell him everything about my father, about Isabel, about Farlan.

The soldiers who escorted Eren kick him in the back of his knees, causing Eren to fall angrily into a kneel. They put a steel bar into the ground so Eren won't be able to move.

He rubs his shackles against the steel, testing its sturdiness. "Eren Jaeger, Yes?" Supreme Commander Zacklay's voice rumbles through the spacious courtroom.

"Yes." Eren spoke.

"You are a soldier, sworn to protect the public. Correct?" The Commander strokes his beard, bored.

"Yes!" Eren almost shouts as if to say, "Exactly! So why am I in court?"

"These are exceptional circumstances. This hearing will be a military tribunal where ordinary laws do not apply. I have been givin authority to make all decisions." He paused to look up from his paper and down at Eren. "This hearing will determine whether you live...or you die."

Nobody looks suprised, not even Eren himself.

"Any objections?"

Eren looks down at the floor in front of him, seeming to accept his situation. "No."

Zacklay seems slightly impressed, like the people he usually deals with weren't as cooperative. "Hmm...good. This one catches on."

"Let me get to the point then. It was impossible to conceal your existence. Unless we offically announce your existence, another threat other then Titans may develop."

I understand what he means. I caught some slightly confused yet hostile looks thrown our way in the lunchroom, like they didn't know what was going on, but wanted in on the secret. I couldn't blame them.

"I will decide which regiment to put you in custody of. The Military Police or The Scout Regiment." Zacklay continued, looking towards the right side of the court where the snobs stood. "Now let me hear the Military Police's proposal."

Nial stood forward like he already won Eren. "Yes. I, Nail Dawk, commander of the Military Police, will now present our proposal." He turned toward the crowd. "We believe after full examination of Jaeger's body," he stared evilly into Eren's wide eyes, "he should be done away with immediately."

There always had to be a narrow-minded one. Nail was the Jean of the military. Both our assholes and both can't see past their stupid, yet punchable, horse faces.

"It is a fact that his Titan powers helped us fend off this attack...But his existence his causing ripples that can lead to internal strife." Mikasa and I glare at the same time. "We should at least get as much data as possible from him before we turn him into a martyr for those who were lost in battle."

Eren looks deeply offended, like the entire Military Police was missing the point. Which they are.

"That won't be necessary!" A Wall Priest some major receding hairline suddenly screeched. I curse silently, knowing how much influence he had. "He is a vermin who used trickery to get passed the wall! We should kill him right now!"

"Reverend Nick." Zacklay boredly quiets him. "Please remain quiet."

I almost laugh, respecting Zacklay more and more by the minute.

"Next, I want to hear the Scout Regiment's proposal."

Caterpillar Brows steps forward. "Yes, sir. I, Erwin Smith, thirteenth commander of the Scout Regiment, will present our proposal." He looks into Eren's eyes. "We of the Scout Regiment wish to induct Eren as a full-fledged member and use his powers to reclaim Wall Maria." He paused. "That is all."

I sigh of relief. At least someone isn't a fuckin' idiot in this damn courtroom. No matter how much I hate him from ripping me from my home and from my father, and sending Isabel and Farlan to their deaths, I respected him. Just enough for me not to shave his sorry eyebrows off with my sword from my 3DMG. That bastard.

"...it?" Zacklay says bringing me back to the fantasy land of Lord Browlicious without his brows.

"Yes. With his titan powers we can reclaim Wall Maria. We feel like we should know what our priorities our." Brownado called out Nail...without callin' out Nial.

" I see..."

I decide to ignore the men and looked into Eren's eyes, realizing he was looking at me. Staring at me, actually. Trying to get my attention. I look at Levi and back at him. I could sense something bigger was going on here...something that even Eren didn't know about. Levi seemed too. I nod at him, reassuring him that he was going to get out of this. He pressed his lips together and looks away, trying to accept what I was trying to say.

The common people start shouting about sealing off all the gates to prevent attack. Another shouts back defending the Scouts. Things were getting heated and Eren shook with either fear or anger, for once a couldn't tell. But I knew he was going to explode in that angry, yet inspirational way he does. He's like a ticking time bomb. I glance at Levi who looks like he's waiting for the bomb to finally go off.

"You sure talk a lot for a pig." Levi says in his quiet hallow voice that everyone stopped to listen to. "What guarantee do we have that the Titans will wait for us to seal and reinforce the gates? When you say 'we' you mean the friends you're protecting so you can get fat. You pigs don't even notice the people who're struggling to eat because there isn't enough land."

I could feel the bitterness from him that no one else saw. All they saw was a bored annoyed attitude, but I feel what he feels because i'm feeling it now too. We come from the same place, we know what it's like to struggle just to live till' the next day.

Everyone began to yell again, but I'm personally done with this boring conversation. There's nothing good being said so I won't listen. Hopefully something good happens.

Suddenly Eren's angered yelling brings me back.

"Why can't you just shut up and take a chance on me?!" Eren screams. Oops...missed something important. I'll have someone fill me in later, but I was right. This was one of his Inspirational Explosions. Shit. I missed it. Those were always entertaining.

The Military Police cocks their gun at Eren, but ai knew those lil' pussies wouldn't fire. Suddenly Levi swung his legs over the gate thingy separating us from Eren and power walked right put to him. What is he--

Levi slammed his foot across Erens face...and i knew this is what the Scouts must have been waiting for.