Trost Pt.5

A/n: Sorry for the lack of updates but OMFG 1000+ READS <3 oml i love you guys IM SORRY I HAVEN'T POSTED EVERY NIGHT LIKE I USUALLY DO Dx I'LL TRY HARDER

~~Time skip to Armin done explaining the plan~~

"I'm sorry, you guys have the most dangerous role."

"It doesn't matter," Annie spoke out, "No matter who does it, the risk is the same." I nodded in agreement.

"Lets get on with this." I said, grabbing two swords and bounding down the steps, leading the way.

I silently scaled a thick brown beam like I was instructed. I put my feet in nooks and crannies, until i finally pulled myself onto it, crouching. I watched as Reiner finally lumbered into position, before turning my eyes towards the scene below me.

A smiley titan whips its head towards the cart of cadets making some of them squeak and cringe. That titan would be mine. The titan slowly walked closer until he was looking at them all in the eye. Marco looked hella determined, which reminded me of Eren, making me die a little inside.

"Wait...FIRE!!" Marco screamed as the sound of dozens of guns rang through the air. I glared at the titan in front of me and threw myself off the beam, somersaulting towards its neck. I held my breath as i sliced its neck deep. The titan came crashing down with a smile on its fugly face. I landed effortlessly next to it.

"CONNIE AND SASHA NEED HELP!!"

I whipped my head around to see Connie on the floor slowly inching away from the titan before him. Sasha was tearing up in fear. Jesus christ, these idiots. Before anyone else could react, i sprinted towards them. Mikasa's urgent footsteps could be heard behind me this time. Finally.

I jumped up and sliced the neck of Connie's titan with a grunt at the same time Mikasa did. We landed at the same time and I smiled at her. She gave me the coldest glare i've ever received in return. I had momentarily forgotten about my broken promise. My smile faded and i whipped my head around and walked away. My (h/l) (h/c) swishing behind me. I wasn't going to apologize to her, even though i should've. It wasn't my fault--

Well then who's was it? Eren's?

I watched as Marco collapsed from relief and I smiled and nodded at him. "You did great, Freckles!" His cheeks filled up with pink as he smiled sheepishly back.

I smirked at his embarrassment and turned to leave with the rest of the cadets to refill our gas. Mikasa was staring at me, here eyes utterly heartless. I mirrored her expression. If she wanted to talk to me she was going to have to do it herself. What would an apology do for her? It wouldn't give her closure. I swiveled my (e/c) eyes away before I did something i would regret.

After filling up our gas the cadets flew away excitedly over the wall. I smiled with relief that most of us would get out safely. I landed on the roof behind Annie and she glanced at me. She looked a little worried. "What's going on?" No one bothered to answer me so I walked forward, shoving Reiner from blocking my view. My eyes widened at what was before me.