Hurry Up

~~ Readers Point Of View ~~

I pass Armin on the way to my room, giving him a low five as I move on. After the extra month, I definitely wasn't as prepared as everyone else in the Survey Corps, but I wasn't hopeless. At least that's how Levi had put it.

We were heading out at dawn and a heavy feeling was ever persistent in my chest. When the others noticed my more somber behavior, I chalked it up to mission nerves or being overwhelmed by all the information I had to memorize. Deep down I knew that was a lie. I still hadn't talked to anyone about what had happened to me down there. I didn't plan to. The girls never looked at me directly when they talked to me in the showers, practically forcing themselves not to notice my scars. The majority of them had faded, but even though I made a point to ignore them as well, it was pretty hard to do so when everyone was so obviously not.

I open my door to my dirty room. Being in this old military base had to be the first time since I left the Underground to be forced to join the cadets that I had slept alone. It had been boring before, but after the mission, I was glad no one could hear me wake up from nightmares. I was also glad that no one had bothered to yell at me for my messy room. Levi still did for the others, but made a point to not mention mine. It was an odd thing. Like he was giving me space. I guess he believes I need it.

Shutting the door behind me, I throw the room into the dark once more. I don't bother with lighting candles and sit on my unmade sheets, staring at nothing. Despite my actions, my body hums with excitement. I hadn't been in action since the mission. I only spared occasionally with Mikasa and Eren, but it wasn't like the rigorous daily training of the Cadets or the constant need for action in the Underground, whether it be for food or for boredom. We were required to hone our skills. For me, that meant pushing my injured body until it didn't feel injured anymore. It will be the first time I get some real fighting in a while. I know what the Titans are capable of and I know that some of my friends might succumb to that, but right now, anything is better than thinking.

I get up and tidy the room in the dark, wondering if I'll ever be back. I shake my head to ward off the depressing thoughts. "That's not how I need to think right now." I mutter to myself.

When the room is relatively clean, I put my head on my pillow, feeling as though I will never fall asleep with the way my head wouldn't let my thoughts rest.

I rip my eyes open when I feel two hands on my throat. What the hell? Was I asleep? How did I not hear the door open? I beat against a hard chest, male, with all my strength. I gurgle and try to gasp, unsuccessfully, for a breath. I try to force my eyes to adjust in the darkness, cursing myself for not lighting any candles. The mans hands are meaty and large. He sat on my stomach for more leverage. He was heavy.

I kick my legs out desperately while I try to break his hold on my neck by smashing my fists on his arms. His arms had hair on them. When that didn't work I tried to wrench my head to the side. My head was getting foggy as I gouged my fingernails in his hands and in this face.

He grunted in pain. That voice...I recognized it...

"Rei...ner!" I gurgle under the weight of his hands. At the sound of his name his relentless strength on my esophagus lessens and I gasp desperately before he can realize his mistake. I shove him off the bed to make sure his retaliation doesn't involve choking my brains out.

"What the hell—" I start before I'm tackled to the ground. My head slams against the hardwood floor and my head feels even foggier.

"Don't get up, understand?" He grabs both of my cheeks in one hand, squeezing them together until I managed to make eye contact then releasing my face violently.

I lay there gasping and trying to focus my thoughts as they swam in every direction. What is he doing here? Why is he doing this? Why can't I think?

"Reiner! Stop!" I rasp, my voice a mere whisper. He heads for the door, walks back to me, grabs the front of my shirt, and slams me back down on the ground. The final blow throws me into complete darkness as I begin to pass out.

"Stay down."

I awake with a painful gasp, my throat throbbing in pain. I touch it lightly, trying to figure out how bad the bruising is. I can feel the swelling under the pads of my fingers. What the hell was--

I glance around. Daylight.

"No, no. NO!" I gasp as I scramble on all fours to my uniform, shoving it on as I sprint down the abandoned halls. 

The Survey Corps had left for the mission.

~~ Levi's Point of View ~~

"Where is she?" Eren asks, as he has asked every couple of miles on the way over. He frantically looks about in the crowd, as if (Y/n) was standing there as a civilian. What an idiot.

"Shut up, kid. If she isn't here she bailed. It happens." I growl at him while staring straight ahead at the gates. Hange snickers knowingly beside me, he horse whickering as if he was laughing at me as well.

"You know that can't be true! (Y/n)...(Y/n) already sacrificed so much for this mission! How could you think--"

"Shut up! That's an order!" I shout at him, annoyed. He looks at his hands, dejected. "Focus on the mission and not getting your ass killed." I turn back around, glaring at Hange briefly. She holds her hands up in surrender and laughs outright. I roll my eyes.

"Yes sir." Eren mutters.

If (Y/n) doesn't show up any minute, we were going to leave without her. Then, I would personally feed her to the Titans.

An: Wow guys. I'm really surprised people still read this story. I haven't written in over a year. (Yikes sorry.) I know a lot of you are angry at me for making you wait so long because of the very interesting dm's I've been receiving. Reeeally sorry lol. Thank you for continue to care about this story. You guys are truly the best. Expect a new chapter soon ♥