New

Hey. Sorry for another late update. (Especially when I promise I would update more often.) I am very sorry for that. Anyway, the picture in the media is drawn by Mel. Thank you for drawing for my stories. I hope I can get you to draw some for my other stories for a cover page. ;) anyways, thanks and enjoy this chapter.

A few days have passed since the kitty pet, Snowy, now known as Winterleaf, has joined the clan. She is trying so hard to fit in the best she can and I like her spirit as she does so. I think the clan is getting used to loners and kitty pets joining the clan so often that it's almost normal.

I sat below high rock with my mate behind me licking my shoulders. Out of nowhere my belly began to hurt. I winced with pain and Darkflash stops what he was doing and got in front of me.

"Are you okay?" He said in worry. "Are the kits comming?"

I nodded. My fur was prickling up as I spoke to him, "I need to get to the medicine cats den!"

Darkflash nodded and had me lean on him as he walked me to the den. Jayfeather came running out and helped guide me to my nest. It was the start of a long birth.
...

It was so long, but now it was over. Three beautiful kits lied next to me at my belly. Jayfeather called Darkflash in and not a moment later he rushed in and glanced down at our new kits. A brown she-cat, an orange tom, and a white she-cat.

"What shall their names be?" Darkflash asked in a whisper.

I thought for a minute as I studied the small kits. "The white one is Moonkit, the brown one shall be Leafkit, and the orange one Sandkit." I purred with happiness as my mate nodded with approval. "Hawkkit, come on in!" I called to my rescue kit. The small kit ran in and purred.

"Their so cute. Are they my siblings?" She asked curiously.

"Of corse." I purred, looking to my new born kits.

"Hello." Hawkkit purred. The kittens mewed and started to squirm around. Hawkkit's tail lifted with excitement. "I think they like me!"

I smiled and laughed a little. "Of corse they do! You are their sister after all." Darkflash nodded and wrapped his tail around the black kit. I looked at him and yawned. "I'm going to get some sleep. It's been a long day."

"Okay. Sleep well, love." Darkflash said to me. He got up and walked away to the fresh kill pile to eat.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep with my kits next to me.
...

A few weeks later and they kits had their eyes open and were up and running. They were so active that I couldn't get a moments rest from watching them. Luckily I had Hawkkit to play with them while I nap. She was such a big help. The kits ranaround looking for something to explore while their older sister trailed them to share their adventures. They looked like they were having so much fun. Darkflash came in with a vole in his mouth. He dropped it in front of me and lied down. I licked his forehead and quickly ate the small rodent.

"Thank you." I said to him kindly. "Time to early kits!" I called to them. The four kittens ran into the den and sat next to me.

"What are we eating?" Sandkit asked. He had grown so much and was now the size of Hawkkit despite the major age difference of about two moons. Though I guess the black she-kit is a little small for her age.

"I believe your father caught you a squirrel to share." I told them happily knowing that squirrel was their favorite.
...

After we ate I decided to take them out of camp and explore a little before they did it on their own. Every cat in the camp knew that there is one point in a kits time that they would want to escape the camp to explore. Might as well let them do it now.

"Wow, what is that?" Leafkit said in disbelief as we walked up to the border of Thunderclan and Riverclan.

"That belongs to Riverclan on the other side of the River." I told the brown she-kit.

"Wow! You're telling me that the cats who swim live there? Is that why they are called Riverclan?"

"Correct. You are quick to think aren't you?" I praised with amusement. Leafkit just purred in response.

"What about the fierce and mean Shadowclan?" Sandkit playfully growled. "Will we see their border?"

"Not today." I mewed to the tom. "Maybe another day. We should get back to the camp before it gets too dark out."

"But I want to see more of the territory." Moonkit complained. "Can we come back out of camp tomorrow? Please!"

"We'll see." I laughed. "If you behave tonight at camp."

"Yes! We promise we will behave!" Moonkit me owed loudly.

As we made our way back to camp I saw a mouse. "Stay here. I'll show you my hunting technique." Taking a deep breath in and crouching close to the ground, I strode close to the mouse without a sound. Then at the right moment I leapt forward and killed the small prey. I gave my thanks to star clan and turned around to my kits.

"Wow!" They said together in awe. "Can we learn?"

"Of course! When you are apprentices. But you can practice in the den if you like."

"Do you think Dragonpaw will help us?" Sandkit asked. I nodded and led them back to camp. They went running to the apprentices den in search for their favorite apprentice. Dragonpaw came out with a smile on his face as the kits surrounded him. He loved being the center of attention so he would always show off whatever he learned that day to the kits.
...

After a long day of exploring and watching Dragonpaw show of it was finally quiet. The kits were asleep and I had Darkflash quietly next to me. When sleep finally reached my eyes I dreamt of what my lovely kits would grow into. Strong and loyal warriors. I was so proud of them and wouldn't change anything that had happened to me.