Chapter fourteen- Secret already found

Me and Jayfeather walked out of the camp and into the forest. We walked a long time till we came to the lake. He turned to me, he sighed as he started to speak. "There is a prophecy about you."

I stopped him and nodded, "I know." I sat down as I started to talk again. "I over herd you and Bramblestar talking when I was heading out to collect herbs." I looked at my paws with embarassment as I admitted to spying on them.

Jayfeather looked at me and at hims paws. "Do you know what could happen to you, losing someone close to you. Who do you think that is?" He looked back up to me, I knew he was looking into my mind. I kept my mind as blank as I could. I always do that around him, I hate when he does it.

"Im afraid its going to be you. Your the closest friend I have here, I dont want to loose you." I kept looking at my paws, His stare I would not be able to match. I saw him as a brother, he ment alot to me, I didnt want to loose him.

We sat there in silence for a long time till he walked up to my side and he purred the smallest bit, "Your not going to lose me any time soon, Scarpaw. Okay?"

I nodded and started to purr, I loved Jayfeather's company, "But who will it be, no one can be as important as you."

Jayfeather looked behind him, "Maybe one day there will be. You will find your destiny one day." He licked my forehead and got up and walked off.

I watched him leave and I looked at my paws and shook my head. Tears filling my eyes. I was confused, who could be more important then Jayfeather? Graystripe was my favorite cat in the books, could he be it. Would he get as close to me as Jayfeather? Darkflash, he was a close friend of mine, but not even as close as Jayfeather was to me.

Cinderheart came running out of the bushes with a squirrel in front of her. The squirrel saw me and back tracked into Cinderhearts paws.

"Thanks," Cinderpelt purred.

I looked at her and her purr faded as she came to sit next to me, "Whats wrong, Scarpaw?"

I sighed and looked at my paws, "There is a prophecy about me, it says I am going to lose someone important in my life. Im afraid its Jayfeather."

Cinderheart looked at me as she replied, "What do you mean lose? A loss isnt always meaning someone is going to die, and if they do, they havn't left. They go to Starclan, and one day you will find yourself there with them waiting for you. You cant lose anyone that easily." She purred, "Especially Jayfeather. He is on every cats tail, telling them what to do. He is very strict."

I got up and was about to hiss but I kept calm, "The reason he is like that is because he has always wanted to be a warrior, but he couldnt because he was blind and Starclan made him a medicine cat and left him no choice. Have you ever thought of that?"

Cinderpelt got up and hissed, "I was a medicine cat befor, forced when I had an ingered leg from a monster. Starclan gave me another chance to live as a warrior, have a mate, kits. Now I am happy with my life."

"Well Jayfeather will never get to have another chance Cinderpelt, he wont get a mate, kits, all that happy life stuff, all he will get is herbs! Which is something he wouldnt want if he could be a warrior!" I jumped back to my paws and ran off, not knowing where I was heading. Till I ran into a cat. I looked up and saw... Darkflash.