Chapter Six- Moonpool

I would be going to the moon pool tomorrow. I am so extied because it was my first time to go, and i herd windclan has a new medicine cat apprentice, Darkpaw i think, wonder what he looks like?

"scarpaw, you listening?" jayfeather asked.

"huh, sorry i was just thinking about the moonpool and the other medicine cats. What if they dont like me? I am just nervous."

"well go out and get some boarge and marygold, we are running low. I also need you to tell bramblestar i need to talk to him." jayfeather assigned me.

"okay." i mewed and walked out of the medicine cats den with a slight smile from briarlight. She was so nice, if she was a warrior she wouldnt have a problem with finding a mate. Its sad, but she seems happy. I reached bramblestars den and asked, "may i come in bramblestar, jayfeather sent me."

"of coarse, does he need help with something or soes he want to complain about something?" bramblestar purred.

"i dont know, he just said to come talk to him." i replied.

Bramblestar nodded and walked to jayfeather's den. I wanted to know what they were saying so i followed and hid behind the wall.

"i got a message from starclan," he began. "scars and darkness will fall and will up will rise a leader."

Bramblestar looked at jayfeather, "what do you think it means?"

"i dont know, but scars and darkness? What does that even come to? And a leader will rise? I dont get it." jayfeather sighed.

I looked at my shoulder with a big scar on it from when i was attacked by a fox. "scars and darkness." i whispered to myself then walked out to collect the herbs.

                                                                      •••

i came back with the herbs and put them in a pile for briarlight to handle. I saw jayfeather sleeping. I wondered if i should too since i would be going to the moonstone later tomorrow. I curledup in my nest and fell asleep.

  I woke up when jayfeather tapped my side with his paw. "Wake up Scarpaw, we are leaving in a while, get something to eat and we will leave."

  "Okay," I mewed with a yawn

 I walked out of the den and grabed a morsel and gulped it down. I yawned and walked to Jayfeather 

  "Lets go." Jayfeather mewed. "We have a long trekk ahead of us."

  I nodded and we walked out of camp and to the Moonpool behind Jayfeather.

When we got to the Moonpool I saw the other medicine cats. "Hello." I mewed to a young jet black apprentice with yellow eyes.

  "Hi, i'm Darkpaw." He introduced himself. "This is my first time at the moonpool."

  "Me too." I purred. His black pelt made him almost invisible, I could hardly see him. I knew he was there because I saw his eyes. "I am Scarpaw."

  "Cool name, I hope my medicine cat name is Darkflash. That would be so cool." Darkpaaw said as he puffed out his chest. 

  "That would be cool. Jayfeather wont let me think of what I even want to be called. So it dosnt really bother me." I mewed.

  "Scarpaw, only a few more moments till the moonpool lights up." Jayfeather called. "Dont want to miss that do you?"

  "No. I will be there in a while." I purred and turned back to Darkpaw's yellow gaze. "Come on. Dont want to be late."

  "Nope. Race you inside." He mewed and ran inside with me on his tail. "You are a fast runner. You could be part windclan. Are you sure you were a loner?"

  "Yes i'm sure." I purred. Just as I said that the moonpool lit up by the moon's light. I saw Darkpaw's pelt and stared at him as he walked to the pool. "You are a very nice black color."

  "And you have a lot of scars. Now I see where you got the name." Darkpaw purred with amusment as he started to drift off of tiredness. 

  I lied between Jayfeather and my new friend, Darkpaw. Soon I drifted off and came to a unfamiliar place. It was dark, and there were claw marks every where. Then I saw a shape. A large white tabby tom with specks of black splattered all over him.  Then I realized. Scars and darkness will fall but up will rise a leader.

  I woke up at dawn when Jayfeather poked me. "Get up. Its time to go."

  "Okay. Bye Darkpaw." I called and waved my tail towrd the Black medicine cat apprentice then left back to the territory.