Chapter twenty: dangerous path

It has been a moon since I got my medicine cat name, Scarshadow. I was proud of it and was very exited to see Jayfeather smile at it when I told him about it. Darkflash was sleeping in the warriors den since he wasn't going to be a medicine cat for Thunderclan. He always woke up before me and would go off hunting on his own. The others spread rumors that he would go to Windclan and tell them what he learned but he would never. He came back one day with two squirrels and a rabbit! it was amazing, his hunting skill. Why didn't he become a warrior in his own clan? So many thoughts rushed to my head as I thought about his past.

"Morning," a voice said from behind me, Darkflash. "Did you have a nice sleep last night?" He asked me licking between my ears gently.

I got up and stretched as I got out of my nest, "well I was sleeping well, Darkflash." I meowed to my dear mate, purring loudly as he licked my head. He was a very kind cat and a loyal clan cat.

"Scarshadow, may I talk to you privately for a while?" Jayfeather asked from behind me. I turned and stared at the gray blind cat. "Please?"

Turning back to Darkflash I see him nod and I nod back as I face Jayfeather, "sure." I say a bit confused why he wanted to talk to me. We walk out of camp and surprisingly to the lake. "What is it?" I say after a long silent sit.

Jayfeather sighed and looked up at me, his sightless eyes staring into my eyes, my heart, my soul. I felt very uncomfortable as we sat there, him staring at me. I don't know why I feel so strange around him now. It just doesn't feel the same as it was when I was an apprentice. I look down and listen to the sounds around me as we sit, saying nothing to each other.

"We never get to just have one on one time with each other." He meowed quietly and put his paw on mine. My fur turns hot and I stiffen. I look up at him and nod. "What happened to those times, Scarshadow, where did my friend go?"

I sit there, thinking about his question for a minute before replying to his question, "I didn't go anywhere, Jayfeather." I pause, "I've just been... I don't know, busy I guess." I felt so occward now. What could I say? Nothing.

"With Darkflash, you mean?" He asked. I nodded and closed my eyes. "Your never around anymore, it's been so long that you don't even feel safe being with me alone, is that it?"

I look up and shake my head, "No, of course it isn't Jayfeather."

"Then why are you acting like you are so uncomfortable around me? We would play, go for walks, gather herbs together without even feeling strange. Ever since you became mates wit-"

"Now you stop right there, Jayfeather," I hiss and stand up, "Darkflash has nothing to do with this!"

"Scarshadow, I..." He trailed off and looked at the ground, his face becoming stern and anger filled his sightless eyes. "You know what, it is! Ever since you became his mate you have been avoiding me at all costs, fresh kill pile, herb gathering, and even in the den!" He glared at me, "do you know why I saved your tail when you first came here? It's because I..." He trailed off, stopping himself from saying something. Instead he growled and said, "Nevermind, like you would listen to me anyway. Good luck being a medicine cat on your own. Lets see how you can be a full time medicine cat with a mate!" He took a breath and stared at me through narrowed eyes.

"What are you saying, Jayfeather?" I asked, panic in my voice as he said those last words.

"I'm leaving."

(Hey all my amazing fans, so a few announcements. 1. Thanks for beig patient with me, I have been busy with school since we are learning about high school and all that stuff and getting ready to make schedules for next year. So thanks. 2. If you guys want me to, I will read the book to you guys on Youtube. I will post me reading every so often on my 2nd channel I will make for this, and all that. Yay. Ummmm, oh yah. So I want your opinion on if I should do that. I need to learn to voice act since I want to do that and broadcasting on our school raidio station in my future years also want to do voice acting on YT series and stuff... Comment below on that. 3. Just wanted to say, I am very happy you are all following me and I hope you tell your warrior friends to also follow me. :)