Chapter Seven-This is the life

I woke up to a bright sun and Jayfeather sorting herbs with Briarlight. It has been a moon since I became medicine cat and I love it. I got up and stretched and walked towrd the den enterance.

  "Wait," called Jayfeather, "I need you to collect some cobweb and a few raspberry leaves. We seem to run low."

  "Alright," I called as I walked out of the den, "Right after I get something to eat." I finnished half to my self. I picked out a big plump vole and ate it. It doesnt taste that bad really, not that I would eat it as a human or anything. My favorite though has to be rabbit. Its rare but still my favorite.

  I ran back to camp, the wind in my face. I loved to run everywhere I go. To the moonstone, though its not very fun when Jayfeather calls me back. 'Scarpaw, get back here we arnt windclan you mouse-brain!' He would say about every time I try. Blind Furball, if only he could accually see. I know he likes me as company when he is in a bad mood but sometimes I can make things worse.

  Finnaly, I reach the camp and walk to the den. "Here you are Jayfeather." I dropped the herbs and walked towrd my little friends, Battlekit and Swiftkit. They were Lionblaze's and Cinderheart's kits. They would become apprentices very soon. Battlekit is very much like his father. And swiftkit reminds her of herself, Swift and loyal.

  "Cinderheart, I am here to watch the kits for you." I mewed as I walked in.

  "Oh thank you Scarpaw they are being a pawful and need a break." With that she walked out of the den and to her mate, Lionblaze.

  "I want to play mossball!" Mewed Swiftkit.

  "No! I want to practice battle moves now we played mossball earlier." Battlekit hissed. "You never want to practice!"

  "Now now little ones." I purred. "We can do both. Swiftkit, you can throw the moss and battlekit can bat it back like he is attaking a cat coming after him. Does that sound fair?"

  The kits nodded and started their new game. "We can call it Moss battle!" Swiftkit purred as she threw the ball of moss to Battlekit.

  All of a sudden Jayfeather and Clawstorm ran accrost the clearing to the nursery and stopped in front of her. 

  "What is it?" I asked. "Is Clovertail having her kits?"

  Jayfeather nodded and ran in with his mouth full of moss.

  Finnally my first kitting!