Chapter Eleven- Scars

I woke up with a cough. "Jayfeather?" I called to my mentor. "I have a bad cough. Can I get some herbs to help it?"

  Jayfeather walked in as I started to cough again. "It dosnt sound good. I will get it. You should rest today, I dont want you sick when we go to the Moonpool tomorrow night." He walked to his herb supplies and got me some cat mint for the cough incase it turned into green cough.

  "Thank you Jayfeather. You are like a big brother to me." I purred but coughed once again. I put my head down on my paws and closed my eyes. 

  "And you are like a little sister to me." Jayfeather purred and licked my forehead. "Now get some sleep, You will need it. I will give you some poppy seeds if you want?"

  "That would be great." I said as I coughed. "I hope I am better by tomorrow night. I want to go so bad." I ate the poppy seeds and drifted into sleep.

I woke to a scream in camp, "Fox attack!" I knew that voice belonged to Sandstorm. Befor any cats could even respond I flung myself out of my nest and at the fox. I jumped and bit its ear so hard my teeth were shacking. It flung me off and cornered me. I flung at itbut it streached its claws at me and sliced at my face. I screeched and backed up. I felt my face blood dripped from my face and onto my paws. I could imagine what I looked like. Furless where the claws hit my face, my vision turning red. It seeping around my mouth.

  "Get away from her!" Lionblaze hissed and did something that I couldnt see but I heard  the fox yelp and foot steps run out of camp.

  I felt Jayfeather by my side and lead me back to my nest. "What were you doing!" He hissed. "You could of gotten killed!" He put wet moss on my face. It was cold.

  "I- I wasnt thinking, it just... happened. I dont know why I did it. I didnt even know I was going to do that. Instinct I guess." I looked at him seeing a little better now that blood wasnt in my eyes.

  "Well your "Instincts" almost killed you." He hissed, "Never do that again! Do you promise!"

  Was that worry in his tone? "Yes Jayfeather, I promise." I looked at my paws then back up. "The scratch isnt bad is it?" 

  "Its not a scratch!" He mewed. "Its a scar. I highly dought your fur will grow back where it is. It goes across your face."

  I went to the pool and looked down. My white face was stained with blood, a big scar streatched across my face, my eye half closed because the scar crossed it. I turned away at the sight. "I'm sorry" I whispered.

  Jayfeather walked up to my side and sat down, "So am I," he looked at me. "I didn't stop you when I should of."

  We sat there in silence when Lionblaze walked in with Dovewing. "Jayfeather?" Dovewing mewed.

  "What?" Jayfeather said without moving. "Is it so important that it cant wait till later?"

Lionblaze looked at him, "Bramblestar thinks Scarpaw should be-"

  "Dont even finnish that sentance, Lionblaze!" Jayfeather hissed, lining up Lionblaze, face to face. "She will not be a warrior, she wanted to be a medicine cat. Remember the first day she came, she does not have the taste for blood!" 

  "He was just saying." Dovewing pointed out.

  "Well tell him not to tell us medicine cats what to do!" Jayfeather hissed

  I turned around and started to cough. My cough hadnt gotten better, its only gotten worse. I walked up to Jayfeather and sat down not showing my face.

  "Sorry!" Lionblaze hissed, "He just told us to tell you, you mouse- brain! She has a warriors instincts and would make a great fighter."

  "Is that why you want her to be a warrior, because of her fighting skills? Just because they have skills doesnt mean they have to be a warrior!"

  "I was just-" Lionblaze was cut off once again.

  "No!" Jayfeather hissed and turned around. "Get out of my den, now!"

  Lionblaze and Dovewing had shock in their eyes, but didnt complain. They turned around and walked out of the den.

  "Thank you." I coughed out.

  Jayfeather just looked at me and and went to the herb supplies to get me some cat mint. "Should I go to the moonpool tonight?"

  "Yes, You have to," I mewed. "I can take care of myself. Or Briarlight can help out,but you got to go to the moonpool."

  Jayfeather nodded, "Alright," He walked out of the den and headed for the Moonpool.