Chapter Thirteen- comforting love

I walked out of my nest when Bramblestar called a meeting a few days later. "Today is Battlepaw and Swiftpaw's turn to become warriors." Bramblestarted, "Swiftpaw, step forward."

  Swiftpaw looked nervous as she stepped forward.

  "Do you promise to uphold the warrior code, to protect your clan, even with your life?" 

  "I do!" Swiftpaw said happily. 

  "Then by the name of our warrior ansestors I give you your warrior name, Swiftpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Swiftfoot, Starclan honors your quick thinking and love for your clan." 

  He placed his head on her head as she licked his shoulder, the clan cheered, "Swiftfoot! Swiftfoot!"

  He stepped away, "Battlepaw step forward."

  As Battlepaw stepped forward Bramblestar continued, "Battlepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code, to protect the clan even with your life?"

  "I do!" Battlepaw said puffing out his chest.

 "Then by the power of starclan I give you your warrior name. Battlepaw from this point on you will be known as Battleclaw. Starclan honors you skill to fight and your loyalty."  He put his muzzle o Battleclaws head as Battleclaw licked his shoulder.

  When the cerimony was over I went inside the den and saw jayfeather sitting in front of his nest, thinking. "Jayfeather?"

  "Yes, What is it?" He said then turned around looking strait in my eyes. I got used to the feeling that he was looking but couldnt see me.

  "Are you thinking of Hollyleaf?" I asked walking up to him looking down at the piece of fur. "Its been a long time hasnt it?"

Jayfeather nodded and looked out into the distance, "I really miss her, She was young when she died. I wish she was still in the hole where she was safe."

  "She died for her clan, Jayfeather. I true warrior she was." I purred leaning up against him. "You still got me and you are not loosing me any time soon."

  "I know you arnt going any where. Thanks Scarpaw, You are a true friend." He put his muzzle in my fur, his warm breath coming against my skin.

  "Your a brother to me." I said to him, "Even if you are cranky as an elder." I purred and nugged him.

  "Your no differant little ms run over kits. they should of named you tramplekit." He shoved me back and got up. "Lets go for a walk, I need to tell you something."