Chapter seventeen: trouble

I walked into camp with Darkflash at my side, it was still dark so there were no cats up yet. I looked at Darkflash with a nervousness that was taking over my body, I felt weak and uncomfortable.

Darkflash looked at me and put his tail on my shoulder and mouthed, "it will be okay, as long as I'm with you." He smiled.

I smiled back and looked at my paws, my ears were burning with embarrassment. We entered Bramblestar's den an I sat down. "Bramblestar, I..." I stopped as I lost words to say, what could I say? Nothing.

"I knew you couldn't be trusted." He hissed to me, "you are going against the warrior code and the medicine cat code."

"Hold on," a voice said from the entrance said. It was Graystripe, I turned around and saw him with Jayfeather and Squirrelflight next to him.

"What is it?" Bramblestar groaned as he turned to the three cats.

Graystripe took a step forward and meowed, "I don't think she should be punished, the clan is in no danger from it is it?"

"Just because you had love out of the clan doesn't mean you can stand up for this traitor, she is probally giving him all sorts of information about the clan." Bramblestar replied, growling. He looked at me then to Jayfeather, "what's your opinion on this?"

Jayfeather turned his head towed me, "I have to admit it does go against the code but I do have to have to admit, I too was in love." everyone in the den stared at him as he lowered his head.

I stood up and stated, "yes he also got to love someone. It was a cat from the mountains, but she had a different destiny she had to fulfill and Jayfeather ha to help her make that decision." I looked at him and put my tail on his shoulder. "Since I came here he has been like a brother to me and now he is helping me through this."

"That still doesn't have any reason for anything." Bramblestar mewed with annoyance.

This time Squirrelflight stepped forward, "what I think they are saying is that there will always be some rule breakers somewhere in the forest, but you can't really stop it from happening. Bramblestar, my sister went against the code, I in a way didn't follow the rules. they are in love, you can't go between that!"

Bramblestar sighed, then he looked back up, "how about we let the clan decide?" He half meowed half growled. I looked at Darkflash and we nodded together.
...

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey join beneath high rock for a clan meeting!" Bramblestar meowed. Now I am depending on the clan to see the love I have for Darkflash but the loyalty I have for the clan...