Chapter fifteen- forbidden love

"well hello" Darkflash said, "fancy meeting you here, what are you doing on Windclan territory anyway?" he looked at me, there was a hint of was it happiness? Did he want me to be here?

"I was just..." I paused and looked at my paws, "I got destracted and crossed the boarded without noticing I guess." I looked back up to him a bit embarrassed, he kept on looking at me with his dark brown eyes, what was with that?

"Is that so?" he stated.

I felt hot with embaressment, there was a connection I felt for him, is that what he had for me? I was confused at first but then i shook it out of my head. "Well I better get going, nice seeing you." I mewed, "see you at the next meetup at the moonpool.

"Must you leave so soon?" he asked with a shy voice, "I mean, you dont have to leave. You are a medicine cat after all, right?"

I shook my head, "sorry, but Jayfeather will be worried about me. I have to go back." I flicked my tail and ran back across the border befor he could say anything else. I can't break the warrior code, nontheless the medicine cat code. He shouldnt either, but why do I feel so close to him? I took a small glimps back and saw him staring at me.

"Where did you run off to?" I heard a voice behind me, it was Graystripe.

I looked down at my paws and stayed silent, even though I was still pretty young I was almost as tall as he was. I couldnt tell him I crossed the border into Windclan territory. I couldnt go back to the camp, not yet. I knew Jayfeather would just go strait into my mind and get even more mad.

"There you are!" Jayfeather yelled at me with Dovewing at his side.

He used her to find me, what if she was searching for me while I was in Windclan with Darkflash? What if... SHUT UP, SHUT UP!!! i yelled to myself in my head, Jayfeather was probally listening to me. Uggg, why can't I shut my mind up! "What do you want?" I asked, his pure blue, shaded eyes kind of made me feel occward.

"You ran out on me," Jayfeather hissed, "why else do you think I came to find you? Dovewing said she saw you with Darkflash, is that true?"

I closed my eyes shut tight, trying not to break into tears. Then I opened them and stood up and stared into his eyes, "yes, I was with Darkflash." I took a deep breath and continued, "He loves me, and I love him back." All three of them stared at me and I bowed my head so they couldnt see me sobbing.

Jayfeather glared at me and turned around and walked away, Dovewing following followed close behind him. As they dissapeared into the brush everything was quiet.

"I know how you feel." Graystripe mewed quietly, "I had love befor in a differant clan." He put his tail on my shoulder.

"I know," I said, "you and Silverstream loved eachother like starclan loves all us." I looked at the sky and started to sob again, "then she died having kits, the saddest part in the book. Jayfeather had love before, I cant remember hername exactly but it left him very sad when he had to leave her to lead the tribe."

"what?" Graystripe said, stunned.

I shook my head, "nevermind." I looked around the forest and sighed, "the clans are never perfectly going to follow the warrior code, there will always be cats here that are breaking the code, no matter how much we don't want it to happen or how hard we try to prevent it, there will always be rule breakers out there."

Graystripe nodded, "your right, and I was one of those cats. There will always be consiquences for our actions when we do it, we know there will but we do it anyway."

"Thats what im afraid of." I meowed to him, "Silverstream died when you broke the code, Bluestar and her kits had to suffer when Bluestar had loved Oakheart, there will always be a death it seems when there is forbidded love." Just then I looked at the direction of Windclan and  realized that I must go to find Darkflash and tell him how I feel, even if there is a consequence. I love him anyway, I dont care what others think. I purred at Graystripe and turned to the other territory.

He purred back at me and and nodded, "I wont tell, your secret is safe with me."

"Thanks."I said and ran to find my love.

(sorry it took so long but i promise it was for good reasons... ok maybe not but i hope it was worth the wait. thanks for being patient.)