Chapter 14

-Nash's POV-
I made it awkward when it happened, but I didn't really mean to. She doesn't understand how much she reminds me of my ex. I remember the night I found her in the bathroom lifeless. I also remember how depressed I was, but I over came it.

-Hailey's POV-
The car ride home was quiet until Nash told me of how he's coming on the tour as well. It's not that I'm mad at Nash, I don't know what my feeling is at the moment, it all just caught me off guard. when he got to my house he parked in the drive way.
"Listen, I'm really sorry about what happened" he told me.
"I get it Nash, trust me it's fine, no hard feelings?" I said and he nodded. I stepped out the car and headed inside. "hey your home a little early than I expected, something wrong?" Mom asked.
I shook my head no. "I kinda don't wanna talk about it".
"Hailey" she said sitting down and patting the seat next to her. I got the gesture and sat down. "what happened?" She asked again. "Nash kinda kissed me" I confessed. she was confused about a few things until I cleared it up for her. She stroked my arm and reassured me that things will change for the better. I went into my backyard and went up into my old treehouse.
So many memories that I remember everytime I'm up here. I sat on the edge and stared at the sky quietly, my feet dangling back and forth. the silence was ruined when I heard a car horn in my front yard. I watched as the person walked into my backyard and came over to me.
"Hey c-cutie pie!" My dad slurred.
I stayed quiet and kept staring off into space. He clapped his hands loudly together to gather my attention. "wha- what are you doing up there?! Your too ooold for that!!" He slurred again.

"where have you been?" I asked. "none of your business" he shouted. I stared at his face, his red eyes, his wobbly self. 'he's drunk. but if that's true, then who drove him home so safely?' I thought. just then another person got out the car that was parked. it was a woman that I didn't know. this lady looked somewhat younger than my dad. she wore a tight black dress, with sparkly heels. her red hair and dark makeup over-powering her outfit. I stared at her as she walked over to my dad. "Babe you should get inside" she said and kissed his cheek.
I realized that she wasn't just some woman but his girlfriend. They started to make out as I climbed down from where I was. I went over to them. "Who the hell are you?" I asked rudely. "nobody that you would know" she smirked. "you should leave, like right now and never come back" I commanded. She smacked me making my face go numb because of a ring she wore. "I'm not going anywhere" she said. I held my cheek and stormed off to find mom and tell her.

"Mom-" I yelled. "stop! You aren't allowed to tell mom" my dad cut off. His voice sounded a little more controlled at this time. "why shouldn't I? Your married, and you have a kid, yet you cheat on mom?" I screamed at him.
At the time I hoped he wouldn't hit me. Mom walked to the doorway confused. "I heard yelling. who's this?" she said looking at the red haired lady.
"Your replacement" she smirked with a small laugh.

"Let's go" she ordered and dragged my dad away with her.

My mom was in tears after that. She was completely heartbroken because she thought he would never do such a thing to her.

I went back to what I did before, cutting. the previous cuts were healing when I added three more cuts down my arm. the pain somehow wasn't a bother anymore as I wiped away the blood and coverd it up.

Later I was curled up on my bed. tears from earlier were dried up on my face. My hair became a mess as I flipped onto my other side then closed my eyes. As soon as I did, my eyes felt cold and heavy, signaling I was tired. I didn't manage to get that much sleep, I constantly woke up during the night from nightmares that felt more realistic than they needed to be.