Chapter 2

-Matts POV-
We got out the car and headed to the front door."so what are we gonna do?" Nash asked. I opened the door and we walked in. "how about some video games?" I asked. "Yea dude let's play cod!" Nash said and grabbed the controllers. We we're suppose to be doing homework but let's face it nobody did all that work.

-Haileys POV-
When I got home I made myself Mac and cheese. my parents were still at work until around late afternoon. I sat at the table alone to eat when I got a text from my mom.
Mom- hey sweetie I'm working another shift tonight.
Hailey- let me guess your gonna come home later than usual.
Mom- yea sorry honey
Hailey- it's fine mom I'm used to it.
I put my phone down to eat and when I was done I washed the dishes. It didn't matter if we moved cities or not because either way they would work late. At this point I can live with it. I went up to my room and listened to music while on the computer. I didn't have any homework yet because I was a new student. While on my computer I talked to Jenny who is one of my friends from where I used to live. I hoped that she was awake so that she could answer. When she did we talked for about half an hour. I told her about how it was here in California. she updated me on what was happening back there at my old school. When our conversation was over I noticed my dad was home. I heard him yelling and ran downstairs. "dad is everything ok?" I asked. "not at all! The tv broke and the big game is on!" He yelled. I couldn't help but laugh because I saw his mistake. "dad you have it setup wrong" I said. "here fix it quick!" He said tossing me the remote. I fixed it as quick as I could and saw him smile. We sat and watched the game. I stayed quiet but my dad yelled every time the other team scored. I got this vine app so I recorded him and posted it. By the time my mom got home me and dad were knocked out on the couch. she had to wake us up to go to bed. When I got up to my room I got in bed and fell asleep.
-The next day at school-
"So I saw you taking with him, what did he say?" Becky asked. "well he said I was beautiful" I said. "do you think he likes you back?" She asked. "that only happens in movies Becky" I said. she nudged me in my arm as she smiled. "what is it?" I asked. Then I looked up to see Matthew waiting at my locker. "Is he waiting for me?" I asked. she shrugged and pushed me over to him. I tried to make her stop but I was already in front of him. "oh hey, I was wanting to ask you something" he said. I leaned onto my locker and waited to hear what he had to say. "o-ok so I'm heading to Taco Bell after school and, um, d-do you wanna come?" He asked. "Sounds nice pick me up around 3?" I asked. I saw him smile. we put in our numbers into each others phone. we hugged and walked to first class.
-at lunch-
I sat at the table with my tray. Becky came and sat next to me."hey how's your day so far, anything interesting?" She said. "oh well Matt asked me out, and I'm starving" I said. "Matt asked you out?! When?" She asked. "this morning" I smiled as Matthew sat across from me. "Could you tell I was nervous?" He asked me. "not at all" I said. "ya lyin I heard myself stutter!" He said making me laugh. "you two got real close in the past two days" Becky interrupted.
-after school-
I was glad it was Friday and I was meeting Matthew at Taco Bell. That was my favorite place to eat at. I got home by penny boarding at the side of the road. The board was special because my mom got it for me when the family went to Florida. When I got home I took a shower and got dressed for the date. I wore a thin sweater with jean shorts and vans that were the same color as the sweater. I straightened my hair and wore a beanie. For makeup I only wore mascara and eyeliner. I texted Matt my address and waited for him to come pick me up.