Chapter 11

-Hailey's POV-
I grabbed my phone and read the message from Matt.
M- I'm so sorry.
I answer back to him.
H- for what? Forgetting our plans? Anything else?
M- ...no
H- just tell me.
After that, he didn't answer back so I left my phone and went to the bathroom.

I showered and dried my hair, then got dressed. I wore a daisy crop top with jean shorts that had lace at the bottom of them. I paired it with vans and curled my hair.

I then went downstairs to make myself breakfast. While cooking pancakes I texted Becky.
H- hey wanna hang out?
She texted back saying to meet up at Starbucks later and I agreed to. Matt was hiding something from me and I wondered if he was gonna tell me.

-at Starbucks-
I got there a little earlier than Becky so I decided to get a drink and sit. when I saw her car park, she came out with...Matthew? I stared as they walked in together. "hey Hailey!" Becky said and ran up for a hug. when Matt came up to me, I saw worry in his expression.

-matts POV-
I wanted to tell her. I really did, but I just couldn't, at least not in front of Becky. When Becky went in line to order a drink, I took the chance. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her outside.

"What's wrong with you? Will you tell me?"
I couldn't take it anymore.
"Me and Becky, well, we were at her house and, kinda-" She cut me off.
"That's where you were?! What did you do?"
"W-we kinda well, had sex" I said regretful as ever. She was left speechless and I tried walking towards her but as soon as I took a step, I felt a sharp pain on my cheek. She ran away from me when I realized she slapped me. I walked after her while she was heading towards the park across the street. Her pace slowed when she went up to a bench.

When she sat down I watched her pull her knees up and cover her face. Quietly, I sat next to her and listened as she cried. "She played me, she messed with my emotions, and she got what she wanted" I spoke softly hoping she'd listen. she looked up and wiped her eyes.

"Do you expect me to forgive you or something?"

"I wouldn't forgive me, I don't expect anything from you" I answered and got up.

As I did, she brought up the tour. "are you still going on that tour?"

"Yea, and if you still want to come just know, it's your choice wether you show up at the airport or not" I said as I walked away from her.

It hurt me to tell her but I couldn't keep it from her forever.