Chapter 6

-Hailey's POV-
In my room I shoved my face into my pillow and sobbed. when somebody knocked on the door I got up slowly and opened the door. it was my mom and she walked into my room then sat on my bed. still crying I closed the door again and leaned on it. My body slowly slid down the closed door making me sit against the door with my head on my knees. my mom came over and sat next to me on the floor. "im sorry" was all that she said. "This is your fault" I told her rudely. "what did I do?" She asked. "Matt was dragged out of the house and I was slapped" I said sounding more angry. "he slapped you? I didn't mean no harm to either of you" she said. I was getting more and more upset just thinking of what had happened. The tears have gone away and I turned to my mom. "just get out of my room" I said getting up. "w-why?" She asked. "get out" I yelled at her. I was sorry for yelling at her but at this point everything was getting to me. "Fine but I'm not gonna be here when you need me" she said and left slamming the door behind her. I opened the window in my bedroom and crawled out onto the roof of the garage. when I got there I just laid down to watch the sky. It was pure silence outside. I just tried to relax alone. when the sun was setting I decided to go back into my room and think. I then heard my parents yelling at each other. "When did you slap her!?" Mom yelled. "she was disobeying me!" Dad yelled back. "don't ever touch her like that again!" The yelling continued. They were yelling and arguing because he slapped me. I felt like screaming at then to stop but they wouldn't listen. nobody really listen anyways. When they finally stopped dad left to his office and slammed his door. I sighed and texted Matt because I needed to talk to somebody.

-Matts POV-
When I got home my mom greeted me. "hey how was it?" She asked. I didn't reply I just started to walk to my room. "is something wrong?" She asked being left behind. "Im ok I'll just be in my room if you need me" I told her. I was confused on why her dad dragged me out but I didn't think about it too much. instead I texted her.
Matt- we are still going on that date tomorrow!
Hailey- are you crazy???
Matt- maybe a little..but hear me out ok?
Hailey- ok how?
Matt- get them to go on a date.
Hailey- yea that could work but there might be issues cya

This is totally gonna work I can feel it. I just laid on my bed listening to music. I felt as I drifted asleep and left my phone playing music.
-the next day-
-Hailey's POV-
I woke up and showered then dried my hair. when I was getting dressed I wore a crop top with high waisted jean shorts and vans. I curled my hair for the day and did light makeup. When I headed downstairs there was no breakfast made for me by my mom. I then searched for mom but I couldn't find her anywhere. I did find my dad though. "so, where's mom?" I asked awkwardly. "gone shopping" he said. "what? She normally takes me with her" I said. "You hurt her feelings remember?" He said as I left. I stopped and said "I didn't mean to though" then kept walking. I didn't mean to hurt her feelings. I didn't want breakfast anyways so I just went to my room to call Matt. when he answered we talked about the date. he still didn't tell me much but he did tell me to dress fancy. "Where are we going?" I asked. "its a perfect place trust me, if I tell you it won't be a surprise" he replied. I heard the front door downstairs close and told Matt I had to go. as soon as the call ended I ran down to my mom. "mom where are you?!" I asked loudly. "Kitchen" I heard. I walked quickly over to her and gave her a hug. "what's that? Your sorry now are you?" She asked. "yes I didn't mean to yell at you" I said to her. she just nodded and hugged me back. "Mom I heard him yell at you because of me" I said quietly. "He's not allowed to hurt you like that" she said letting me go. "your ok with me being with Matt right?" I asked. she nodded and smiled. "I'm perfectly fine with it, just your father..." she trailed off. That's when something clicked in my mind. she could help with my issue. "hey can you help me with something?" I asked her. "sure what is it?" She asked back. "can you take dad on a date tonight?" I asked. "Sure, so you could go out tonight too?" She said. I nodded and said "Matt is a nice guy, dad just didn't see it but maybe I could change that".