Chapter 4

-Haileys POV-
I woke up to my phones alarm clock and got out if bed. Then I took a shower and later was dressed. I wore a hoodie with leggings and my favorite converse sneakers. I didn't bother curling my hair so I just left it straight. food filled the air and I knew mom made breakfast. when I got there she was making me bacon and eggs. "morning mom" I said sitting at the table. "morning sweetheart" she said serving me the food.
-Matts POV-
I always woke up early in the mornings. I doubt Hailey wakes up the same time as me. I plan to tell her how I feel. I hope this doesn't go wrong. I grabbed my phone and found her number and when I did I sent her a text saying:
Matt- morning cutie!
Hailey- morning wanna hang out?
Matt- sure I'll come over
Hailey- ok cya
"Hey mom I'm heading to a friends house be back later!" I yelled walking down the stairs and out the door. I heard her yell back "ok be home before dinner". I got on my penny board and rode it to her house. she didn't live that far anyways. when I got there I knocked on the door and waited. I heard yelling and then it opened. It wasn't her though it was her dad. "who are you?" He asked. "I'm Matt is, uh, Hailey here?" I asked him. He looked a bit irritated and annoyed. "Hailey Some boy is here looking for you" he yelled. "Step inside, she'll be down in a second" he said opening the door wider to let me in. when I walked in I saw her coming downstairs. "oh, hey Matt" she said giving me a hug.
-Hailey's POV-
While in my room I was on kik talking to Jenny. she told me she wants to come visit me here in California. That's when I heard my dad yell "Hailey some boy is here looking for you". I came down the stairs and saw Matt. my dad was in a bad mood today so I hope he didn't say something rude to him. "oh, hey Matt" I said and gave him a hug. My dad tapped my shoulder while we were hugging "I told you no funny business remember?". We pulled back from each other awkwardly. "it....was just a hug" I told my dad. he didn't say anything back so I just walked away from him. when I looked back I saw Matt. "He's having a bad day I guess" I told him. "It's ok" he said "he didn't say anything". I bet my dad was just being protective. At least I had time to tell Matt how I feel. When we sat down I turned to face him. "what?" He asked and chuckled. "I...Just have to tell you something" I said. "oh, what is it?" He asked as his smile faded. I built the courage up and let it out "I think I love you" I said looking up at his eyes. His face light up as soon as I said it. I didn't regret saying it at all. "I feel the same way about you" he told me. He leaned in and we ended up kissing. It felt perfect and made me smile during it. when my mom came into the room we pulled back. "oh, um, I'll just leave" she said laughing and running out. "that was so embarrassing" I said to Matt. "I enjoyed it anyways" Matt said and winked. We laughed at what happened."would you be my girlfriend?" He asked. "Of course Matt" I replied.