Chapter 5

-Matts POV-
When we kissed it felt amazing. I decided to ask her to be my girlfriend and she said yes. Afterwards we just sat on the couch and watched the tv. Her head was on my chest while my arms where around her. "Matt I'm gonna go get some food want anything" she said getting up and heading to the kitchen. "Get me some chips" I said. when she came back she threw a bag of chips to me. I thanked her as she sat next to me. "So are we going out tomorrow?" I asked her.

-Hailey's POV-
"Sure where did you want to go?" I asked back. "It's gonna stay a secret" he told me. I nodded and thought of where he might take me. He threw his arm around me and pulled me into a hug. My dad came practically bursting through the door. "get off of her" he said to Matt. He then pulled him up of the couch by his shirt. "dad stop it!" I yelled. he didn't respond he just walked off pulling Matt with him. I ran after him and tried to pull him away from Matt. I felt the side of my face start to burn as I felt to my knees. I realized that he slapped me. My eyes watered as I saw him push Matt out the door. he then came up to me and said "go to your room I told you no funny business". i stood up off my knees. "there was no funny business we were just sitting" I defended. "your mother told me she walked in on you two kissing" he said pointing up the stairs. "go to your room your not going anywhere tomorrow" he yelled at me. Tears rolled down my cheek as I slowly made my way to my room.

-Matts POV-
I heard it when her dad slapped her. I wanted to comfort her but I soon found myself outside. I heard her dad talk to her but I couldn't make out the words instead I just looked down and walked away. there wasn't much of anything I could have done when he had a death grip on my shirt. I'm gonna make sure we go on that date tomorrow.