Chapter 38

So sorry I haven't been updating!! My internet has been really bad but no worries because I'm here!
--------------------------

-Hailey's POV-
I sat frustrated on the bed looking down at my lap. Thinking about what he could of done started to make me worried. Matt had walked up in front of me and I looked up at him.

"Maybe eating something will get your mind off of it" he held out the wrapped food from tacobell. I shook my head "I'm not hungry" I muttered to where he could hear me.

He nodded setting it down and taking a seat next to me.

"Everything's gonna be alright" he pulled me close to him. He trailed his hand up and down my arm in a comforting way while I laid my head on his shoulder.

"It's easy to say that. I don't know what could of happened over there. I'm just waiting for somebody to call me back and tell me something"

"Hopefully nothing bad" Matt said.

Me and Matt sat in silence while listening for my phone to ring, it didn't take as long as I expected.

The second it rang I picked it up and answered.

-matts POV-
I watched her jump to get the phone. When she answered it everybody in the room was quiet and were listening. I sat there trying to hear the person on the other line, doing my best to understand what they were saying.

"Oh, uh ok bye" Hailey said and hung up. She took a deep breath in and out while placing a hand on her head.
"I can't believe it" she finally spoke.

"Can't believe what? What happened?"
"They said when they got there my mom was ok and that nothing was wrong. They also said that she looked unharmed and kept telling them that she was fine. Nobody was around or in the house with her. They didn't even mention my dad" she explained.

"See? There was nothing wrong in the first place. Your just imagining things" Nash said.

"I know what I heard Nash" she pointed out.

"Whatever. I'm leaving" Nash said heading out the door.

"I'm not crazy. Matt you believe me right?" She turned to me.

She can be crazy if she wanted to but I know this was serious.

"Of course I do babe. I understand what your going through" I went up to her with my arms out for a hug.

We embraced each other in a warm hug. Afterwards I have her a small kiss on her lips and flashed a smile.

-Hailey's POV-
I was confused about the whole situation and decided that I'd call mom again so I took my phone and dialed her number.

"Hailey? It's not safe to call" I heard her voice.

"Mom where was dad? Why didn't you tell the police anything?"

"He left eighth after he spoke to you. If I told the police anything it would make things worse for me. He's already abusive towards me and it forces me to cover all the bruises on my arms and legs" her words sounded rushed.

It broke my heart having to hear that and not being able to be there to help her.

"What does he want from us? Why is he doing this?"

"He's always asking what place your at. He wants to find you, Hailey. Just promise me that you'll stay around Matt. I'm sure he can keep you safe"

"I will but what about y-" she cut me off.

"Don't worry about me. I have to go now, bye sweetie" she ended our call before I could say goodbye.
*
*
*
*
*
Hope you liked this chapter!