🥀| Trouble looms

Dedicated to Nkaw Mackenzie Appiawin

It's been exactly two weeks since the disappearance of Shenelle. The police were duly informed and were carrying out their duty. Radio and TV stations announced it to the general public with the tag #BringBackShenelleWalker. The church and other benevolent bodies were on their toes. Prayer and fasting programs were organized to seek the hand of God on the issue. Posters were made and placed at vantage points

These past days has been hell. Mrs Walker is left broken beyond repair. She refuses to eat or sleep until her daughter has been found. She even tried committing suicide but for the intervention of Auntie Naana.

Today is no difference, the mood is still nothing to write home about. The CID officers have been tirelessly moving in and out of Shenelle's room. They confiscated her phone,her diary and other possesions. Going through for every minute detail. Although Shenelle's mom disliked this since she felt her daughter's privacy was abused, she still remained quiet, trusting the process.

The house staff were ceased for questioning and the house is as silent as a cemetary.

Mrs Walker sits on the hall sofa, going through the family Photo Album, sobbing at every picture she gazed at. Auntie Naana pats her back occasionally in a comforting manner. Tissues are haphazardly scattered all over the floor.

A ghost like figure sufaces at the doorway. Looking pale and weak. The figure is in camouflage with the brightness of the day, coloured White. Stains of blood coupled with tears could be boldly seen on the white garment. The figure had bruises and cuts all over her body.

Alas,the prodigal daughter has indeed
returned!!

"I feel her presence", Mrs Walker Said Raising her head form the Album and looking Straight at the doorway.

With the speed of lightening, Shenelle's mom dashed to hold her precious jewel. Thesame jewel she was too scared to touch, claiming she will break it if she got close. Here she was squeezing the life out of that very jewel.

She wrapped her in her warm embrace, not wanting to loose her again, she missed looking into those bright eyes, Those eyes that assured her of a brighter tommorow!"

That was when it happened, the figure collapsed, in the very arms she poured scorn and contempt on. The very arms she wished had died, here she was holding tight unto that arm. The irony of life!

Too weak to even blink or speak," Mrs Walker placed a gentle and fragile kiss on the forehead if her beloved daughter. Thanking God that her daughter returned in one piece!

Nothing can break the cord between mother and child.

But why blood? Why did she see dread in her daughter's eyes? Why was her daughter bruised? Why could she feel pain instead of joy? Why did the storm leave without a rainbow? Who brought her? Is the person alive??How did she get here??Why did she leave without telling anybody??

As a mother, she felt uncertain!! She needed to clear her doubts. This wasn't her story to tell,It was the tale of her daughter.
Time definately will tell!!

"Get me an Ambulance, she screamed!!", Not wanting to loose the only one person that made up her family!