🌱| Entangled

Joeboy- beginning 🎧

Shenelle POV

My friendship with Tee grew stronger and stronger. I was scared at the rate at which it grew but I was glad it did, and I enjoyed every bit. We usually met up at our place of solace to gaze at the stars, it was such an amazing time. I got to know him better and so did he. I must say, and it's the extreme truth, Tee has a great heart!

Today is no different as usual I'm on my way to the sweet spot. I haven't seen him for over two weeks and I was bubbling with joy as soon as a palace guard gave me a letter from him to meet him there. I could feel by bones rejoicing as I took my steps.

Upon reaching, I meet him gazing at the stars, again with his arms crossed , typical. From his posture, I can tell he is stressed out, and he is deeply thinking about something.
Well, being a crowned prince can be hectic so

I jump on him, giving him a hug from behind, startling him. Im sure he wasn't expecting such a welcome.

"I missed you", he says.

I begun to feel so warm and shy. After a chitchatting and doing a little catching up he says he was away on some royal duties. There is always something to like about Tee.

"Shenelle Baaba Walker," he says in a deep, husky and low toned northern accent. He has this way of pronouncing my name, and it just warms my innermost being.

My heart skipped a beat and I didn't know what to expect. Why did he mention my full name and why that tone?

He reaches for my hand and stares deeply into my eyes. I could read desire, passion and affection in his eyes. Seriously, I'm tensed up, his gaze is killing me.

We were in that position for a little while, with his gaze still fixated on mine. I must confess, I felt weak from the power of his gaze.

He turns me around slowly and he is standing so closely behind, this sends shivers down my spine. Slowly he pushes my braids to one side and places something, like a necklace on my neckline. I could feel goosebumps on my skin as his fingers brushed over my neckline. The colourful beaded necklace was so beautiful, it was in vintage but still, it had this glow that I couldn't explain.

"This was for my mom, you deserve it," he says still in that coarse and low tone

"Tee, this is just too much, I can't take th...

"Shshsh," he says placing and finger on my lips, "Don't say anything till I'm done", he whispers close enough to be a royal command.

I nod. Still not knowing what to expect. I'm so nervous, Gosh!

"Shenelle Baaba Walker, our elders have a saying that duulana m-mi o duu ni yindi Sheli polo (it is the owner of the house that knows where the roof leaks).

Maybe me seeing you for the first time under the tree. I just couldn't keep my eyes off you.
Maybe it's me taking you for a walk, maybe it's me showing you my place of solace, this very spot. Maybe it's the day at the farm, when you brought me the Zomkom.
Maybe it's us gazing at the stars together.
Maybe is the way you call me tee.
Maybe it's the way you smile, oh! If you know you how those dimples kill me. Maybe it's the wrinkles that form up on your forehead when you are worried. Maybe it's my heart beating fast whenever I see you.

A lot of "maybes", and I can't tell which one exactly caused the leak in the little roof of my heart, What I know Shenelle is that You are the only one that can fix the leak in this my yearning heart. I want to be the one to lighten up your world as you do to mine , I want to be the one who puts that priceless smile on your face. I don't care what Kumbungu thinks! I love you and I am ready to take this to the next level. Give me the chance to love you, Shenelle", Timtooni says breathing out a breath of relief. Like he had just taken something huge off his chest!