🌥️|New Beginnings

And that was how I waved Kumbungu goodbye, leaving behind everything for a fresh start. Everything except Mma Memuna and Teeya.

In the twinkle of an eye, we stood infront of our large gigantic gate. And as it opened, I envisioned opening the door to a new life.

I never thought I'd say this but I missed home so badly. Everything was same, nothing really had changed.

Chichi, the house help, the sole receiver of my anger then, met me with a warm hug. We stood that way for a long time.

"I'm sorry the way I treated you these past..."

Shsshh new beginnings, we don't mention that word "past" here, She replied pulling me into another warm embrace.

Mom couldn't resist as she joined in hugging us both from behind.

"Cheers to the new beginnings"

After some catching up, we all sat together for a family dinner. Dinner prepared by yours faithfully mom. "I can't remember the last time I entered here, so much memories", She confessed herself.

This time all the four chairs of the plush dinning table were full. I was so used to seeing on one chair full, that's by me. Today the story was different. We shared so much stories, mostly about the things I experienced in Kumbungu, and how I cried when Mma Memuna said, "Jinima".

My mom couldn't hold her laughter.

"You cried because you were told to sit down?,

I nodded and I myself could see the visible change I'd gone through.

When I got I to my room, the memories came flashing by. I went over to my bed.

"Oh the many sleepless nights I had"

Glancing through my eyes reached my anti anxiety pills I had secured over my counter.

"Oh the many bad dreams I had"

I grabbed unto them, with a maniac smile, I moved to my window parting them wide open

"Guess it's time to say goodbye anti anxieties,

Wouldn't be needing your services", I said throwing them across the window.

With a much fufilled aura, I spotted my diary lying leisurely across my study table,

"Oh, how I've missed you"

Flipping through the pages, I realized it became more of a gloom book. Had nothing else than, the scary nightmares I had. How I hated my mom, how I missed dad and blaa

Reaching for my pen, I scrubbed these words on a new fresh page,

I felt a sense of fufillment after.

Cheers to freedom.

Mrs Walker POV

I'm so glad by far elated with the turn out of events recently. Figured me been locked up in jail due to the fire and all, taught me so much that years couldn't teach me.

The lesson I got to learn the hard way thought me this:

"Learn to own your mistakes and face them head on".

"William Fiifi Walker, I know you'd be so proud of me wherever you are. I'm sorry for all I've put you and your daughter through. She may not be your daughter by blood but she is our daughter and nothing can change that. I love you so much and I wish you were here, by my side.

And oh, You should see how Shenelle is growing into a fine damsel. She's all feminine now, growing into a full woman. I'm sure the touzaafi she constantly ate has made her so.

She's more mature now, in every area actually. The way she speaks and even deals with issues, you can't help but see she has taken up your way of thinking, Willi."

I'm grateful to God for the experience. Glad she got to know her routes and of course see Mma and all. Ha! That's a motherhood well established.