🌥️| Amends ?

I  just hated my self for driving him away like that. He wanted to make amends

"Screw it! Now you lost him!," I chastised myself

Friday traffic here in Accra was a terror and was enough to put your mood off even before the weekend begun. 

Teeya just notified she'd be out with Saahene so I knew there'd be no one home.

"Why rush home, when you'd have only your pillow to cuddle?"

I found myself turning into Le Franchini's for dinner. The week had been stressful and spoiling myself to a glass of sparkling champagne and french cuisine wouldn't hurt.

I knew I didn't make a reservation, but I so had faith that tables would turn for my good.

Lo and behold there was a lucky empty spot, a couple who booked a reservation called in to cancel so I was fitted in.

I genuinely enjoyed the atmosphere at Le Franchini's and the life band here was simply amazing.

"Is this seat taken?", I swore I heard a familiar voice, as I turned to reply, it was him. He was smartly dressed, not overly dressed just the right amount of "sauce". 

I shoke my head lightly and he took the seat next to me.

He just sat staring at me. 

Girl, it's time to save yourself!

"Erm, I'm really sorry for how I treated you,

 my office?, Figured I was a bit stressed with the meeting ahead, it was kinda pivotal to my client's freedom from legal grip", I apologized

And accompanying it, I sipped down my champagne to cool my nerves, perhaps

"Thought as much, you quiet didn't handle stress well while at Kumbungu so," he replied sarcastically and I smiled wondering how he noticed. It's not like I was working in an office there?

"Why her, I?" This was what I saw myself blurting out. I thought I was keeping myself away from the past, so why was I now running back seeking for answers.

It was there I saw it. Those black eyes read disappointment. Something I'd never read in years. How could a human live with so much self guilt?  

You'd understand if you were a psychologist.

Timtooni POV

It was funny how I chanced up on her here, after thinking of nothing but her the whole week. I didn't take her earlier behaviour personal, I could tell it was stress. So I let it go

Now she's asking why her. Her as in Her, Shenelle or her as in Sumaya?, I didn't quiet know which to answer with so I settled for the latter.

"Shenelle...Mhmm", I cleared my throat as I was ready to let it all out

It's always been you and no one else. 

The night of the Bugum?, What you saw was highly unfair and I'm so sorry.

I was weak and felt a little dazed. So after the dance, I excused myself to go take some painkillers and then I bumped into Sumaya.

When I saw Sumaya outside, I thought it was you, because I saw her dance with you. And when she called me "Tee", I was convinced that it was you. I so wanted to hug you and tell you how you made me proud with your moves.

That's that basically.

Did you ever wonder why I didn't come after you? Hmm...it was all because I passed out after you run away. From then, I didn't see anythi g or feel anything.

When I gained conscious, you were the first on my mind. I sneaked out of the palace to yours, 

And when I got there, I was told you were gone, gone for good and without saying goodbye.

And after everything and after you left, confessions led to another and apparently my Bugum pito was poisoned with a sedative of that sort.

I'm deeply sorry for all the pain Ive caused you. Believe me when I say I'm still deeply in love with you, ever since you left, I've never had the chance to love again, all the ladies kept reminding me of you. 

Shenelle POV

Hearing him say he loves me sent shivers down my spine. I think I understand mommy when she spoke about the power of first's. 

Here I was seated infront of the only guy i'd grown to love. No one could ever take his place. It was like the universe affirmed it all.

I didn't realize when a naughty tear trickled down my cheek. Call it joy, frustration, I just couldn't tell. 

There I felt his touch, his soft gentle touch cleaning the tear of my eye. His touch was accompanied by the numerous goosebumps forming on my skin as they could take it no longer.

It hurt me so bad that he'd been set-up. Who'd even think of doing such a thing to a harmless soul like Tee's.

"I love you Tee and always will, I don't know why, but I'm damn selfish with you. HowI survived these past years knowing you were with her,Sumaya , broke me, Proves I'm selfish huh? Tee, I love you and I don't want to share. Infact I cannot share, not with Kumbungu just me and only me."

With these dust of emotions settling in, we had a passionate hug, a hug which seemed to last forever.