🌱| Hear me Heir

Watching Shenelle leave broke me into a million pieces. I knew she genuinely cared but was that enough?..How'd I tell her the reason Dad was here was also because of her. What if he saw her leave? Or better still those village gossips did? , I shrugged off the thought and hoped she sneaked unnoticeably the same way she came.

At this point I'm torn, I don't want to disappoint him. Every fibre of his being is built on me. How foolish I'd be to throw it away.

And Shenelle...damn I really love her and I know she does too. She believes in us, letting her down now, would break her and I don't want to see her broken again.Giving out a desperate sign I thawed into my world of endless thoughts.The enskinment was just a week away. That I was able to tell her and I think she's right. Kumbungu loves me and believes in my capabilities as their Chief. But was this enough? God knows I'm so unprepared for this. I dont want to screw this up.What if I run and never look back? Find a place where I could study, make it in the academia and maybe, just maybe return and pay back all I've missed, maybe build a school, a scholarship fund for needy Kumbungu children? I mean there are many ways I can pay back? I don't need to be Chief before I could make impact. Who regards Chieftaincy anyway?But if it is true cowards run, then I too would be one. Sometimes everything goes against you but have to stand and fight, life is a warfare and not a funfair. Kumbungu needs me and I'd be selfish not to fill that void.Then again, If I do, how'd she fit? It's just too nasty out there? Not that I'm trying to side with Dad on this matter but, Shenelle?A Dagbon queen? Dad for sure hated her, he sees her as a distraction. I don't even know how he found out about us. How news flies!He gave me a stern warning that I leave her alone. I for once was shocked because Dad would never indulge in such trivial issues. He has so much Chieftaincy matters to take care of, disputes that could cause lives, decisions that would affect generations now and yet unborn. It's too hard to realize this stress will soon be off loaded on me.Why do I have royal blood flowing through me?Why couldn't I be free from all this? Is wanting a simple life hard to get?I think I get it now when Davido says,"I love you say no mean say make I put one hand for fire" Yes, I love Shenelle but loving her would mean something else and the implications on me, my position and my family name, great.It's like loving her consumes me up. And I just can't stop. She's so infectious, she has no idea how she turns me on when she's around, and how I can't stop thinking of her in her absence.I love Dad and my family. But taking up this mantle will mean so much and I don't think I'm ready to pass my hand through this fire out, and worst of all not out of love.Staring at my royal regalia, I knew I had no time. Not at all. Once the Bugum festivities commence, id be one step from saying hello to the "Naam".

Speaking of which the Bugum is in a day or two from now! How'd I forget this? Finally there'd be some festivities to shaken up the place.I realized I'd been too consumed with this whole enskinment predicament that I forgot, the joyousness of Begum Festival.I didn't even realize the atmosphere changed, as the maidens started rehearsals of songs and dances.

Shenelle? I bet she has never experienced a Dagomba Festival before? Can't wait to see her reactions as she witnesses, the thought of this brought a smile to my face.

I imagined her dancing "Simpa" with the other maidens performing. She in the native female Dagbon apparel, damn, how hot and glorious she'd look.

I'm so going to make this Bugum, Special for my babe