🥀| Outbursts

Dedicated to all with heart conditions💕

As Shenelle and Auntie Naana walked in the Doctor was still in that same position now engrossed with pressing his iPad.

"Doc we are in oooo, here are the results", Auntie Naana said getting comfortable on the chair.With everyone now seated, the doctor finally gave a wide smile and re- welcomed them.

"Shenelle there is someone special I would like you to meet," He said in between chuckles.

The Doctor turned his iPad to face Shenelle and Auntie Naana. He could read shock on their faces but he kept mute.

What!!??

"Surprise!!!,I just couldn't miss this, not for anything else in the world. Doc here was generous enough to let me in. I'm currently at the Annual United Nations Excellence Awards Night . You should see this place!
Bill gate is here, Mark Zukerberg, Barak Obama, Kamala Harris, Dangote, Trump, just name them, they are all here.
I had to excuse them and move to the janitors room to speak to you, And guess what I've banged some new business deals, here's a picture, the figure on the screen screamed in excitement."

"Woowwww, then you are hot cake ooo, that's what I'm talking about, beauty with brains

"Woowwww, then you are hot cake ooo, that's what I'm talking about, beauty with brains. Congrats love, We are proud of you, Your makeup is on point too", Auntie Naana who couldn't hide her Joy exclaimed.

"Please can we just hear what the Doctor has to say,"Shenelle replied Nonchalantly.

From the look of both the Doctor and Auntie Naana it was obvious that they were shocked but they chose to be quiet.

Shenelle was born with a heart condition called Hole in heart. This affected the way her heart worked. Also it affected her a lot growing up as a kid since she had to go through several surgeries to manage it. With this done, she still had to go to the hospital every year of her nineteen years on earth. This was the issue on ground and not who banged a business deal with who.

"Errm yeah sure", the doctor answered, breaking the uncomfortable silence. He vigrously went through the results and kept on scribbling and writing a long chain of notes on his paper. Finally he let a long sigh.

"Shenelle your heart is failing", The doctor says.

"Eiee Doctor slow down, Wait What!!?, I thought that is why every year for nineteen good years we came for reviews upon reviews to prevent something like this from happening, You gotta be kidding me", Auntie Naana exclaimed.

Shenelle and her mom were still in Outmost shock trying to process this bombshell.

"Shenelle has a very sensitive heart, And for something like this no matter how many surgeries you perform, You still can't guarantee 100% success. From the test results everything seems in place. Hole in heart patients have a high chance of heart failure if .....

"If what, what you doctors do best is ruining people's day. My cupcake is doing very fine. She's happy. Why must you doctors always spoil people's day, Let's go to another hospital, a private one for that matter, infact I'm flying her abroad this instant! This is trashy trash," Shenelle's mom who was now fumming with anger chipped in from the iPad screen

"Please dear, calm down at least let's hear what the Doctor has to say first," Auntie Naana tried to massage tempers.

"Hole in heart patients have a high chance of heart malfunction if they receive an extremely shocking news or a heartbreak or even an emotional breakdown."

"Oh please spare me the drama, What kind of highly unprofessional answer is this? Mr. Doctor, judging from what you see, you should know that Sheshe is happy, infact she is always....

"Always what?...happy right. Wow congrats. Very big congrats to you, Mom!
You know what I'm not shocked to hear this from a self centered person like you.
Sometimes I wonder if you are really my mom. You think Sending me gifts is happiness? Well I don't care about those things and I don't need them. Why don't you get married to your damn business and give birth to Business deals, those are your family," Shenelle erupted like a volcano. She had a lot bottles within, and she just couldn't keep up no more.

The whole room was as silent as a cemetery.
With Shenelle's words settling in. The doctor's face was far beyond readable. Auntie Naana was so shocked to speak. Shenelle's mom became as frozen as ice on the screen with the words piercing through her heart.

"Ever since Daddy died. I've never been thesame, it's like a piece of me has been taken forever. And never call me Sheshe again!!!!! *Sobs*
You know what "mom" I wished you were the one that died instead of dad, I would have been "always happy" as you say,"
She minced out her final words....

Shenelle immediately left the doctor's office and banged the door, with her arms cupped over her face she dashed out in search for their car.

Auntie Naana followed steadily trying to catch up with her.

"Move the car, she said".

The ride back home was more quiet and lonely than it was before. This time Shenelle saw nothing, heard nothing and felt nothing.

Another Chapter inked
What do you think if her outbursts!
Stick and stay as we explore more about Shenelle?

Vote ★Comment ★ Share ★ Follow