🌱| Hear me Heir

How time flies! I can't believe it's been three solid months since I arrived. Honestly I have no slightest idea in how I survived? Three, mehn that's massive.

Tee and I grew stronger by the day.

We met more , spoke more and of course got (you know what) more. There was never a dull moment with Tee, it was all joy joy joy.

Teeya was in the know and everything was A okay.

I honestly don't think the village folks know. Well there'd been speculations, that's because they'd seen us holding hands, one or two times and walking together, not a big deal huh?

It was amazing how Tee revered the future and how he had me built in it. I asked if he didn't know of a word like "Breakup"?. He was all prepped and said if she's the one she's the one.

I'm on my way to see him. Yeah yeah, kinda like a surprise visit...I had some roasted corn in a basket for him. Apparently he gifted Mma Memuna a bag of freshly harvested corn. She had us select the best ones and roast it over hot fire for him. Probably our way of saying thank you?

It was the apex of the harvest season, although I doubted he'd be home, I decided to you know, give it a try. 

I got to the place in the slowest pace ever. This Wasn't the first time I'd been there though. I knew his royal hut and I knew how to get there without passing through the main palace. 

Ha! I learnt some tricks here and there.

I just wasn't sure how he'd react with me coming unannounced.

Afew metres away from the hut, I vaguely see his dad, the chief of Kumbungu exiting his hut. I couldnt really discern the atmosphere there, I just genuinely wondered what the Chief himself would be doing in his son's hut.

His Dad coming out assured me he'd be home. So I braved it and placed a gentle knock on the door. 

"Maaria, I'm not hungry", he answered exhaustingly.

Haha, I'm sure he thought I'd be those obsessed village girls shooting their shots.

I gave a chuckle and knocked again. This time loud and clear.

"Ooo Maaria Akaya", (Expression), I heard him say as he drew nearer to open the door for Maaria.

"Surprise!", I screamed as I couldn't hold my laughter. 

I could tell he was dead shocked. He let me in and I don't know, but something felt amiss about him. Was it stress? I just shrugged it away

His hut was super homey and neat. Like I'd never expected a guy's territory this organized.

He was grateful for the roasted corn and gave me a light hug for the effort.

I could tell he was fatigued so I went behind him, placing my warm palms around his broad shoulders for a massage.