- 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾 : 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚑 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚘𝚕𝚍 -

"oh wait haneul-ah stay for a bit i need to talk to you" at first haneul thought she was getting in trouble. so she tried to go through everything that she did and make up an excuse for it. "i need to talk to you about training" with that haneul calmed down because whenever her father said 'training' it always meant horse riding. "oh okay" and as confirmation haneul sat in the seat closest to the king.

"there is a huge competition coming up in about 2 months, its a competition held every 10 years so that's why you haven't heard of it that much" the king started "oh that's cool who's competiting?" interested, haneul asked the question " well it's a royal competition so only princess from the area are competiting and speaking of princess's and competiting...how would you like to enter the race?" the king asked carefully as he watched his daughters bright face turn into an unreadable one.

"but then they will find out, everyone will find out" haneul explained worriedly. hearing this made the king sigh "haneul they are your brothers, don't you think it's time for you to let them know? to let everyone know?" "i-i don't know dad i'll think about it first" the princess said in a low voice. deciding to change the subject the king asked a question which he wanted to know the answer to for quite a while now.

"how is mr hong? what feedback did he give you this time?" however the king wasn't aware of the sad news about mr hongs health. hearing her father, haneul felt tears stinging her eyes ready to fall out any second. "d-dad he is s-sick he said he d-doesn't have that long left t-to live" and then she let her diamond tears fall. the king was taken aback. mr hong has been a close individual to the king as he was one of the best riders in the whole area. without hesitation the king quickly captured his devastated daughter in a tight hug, while he let a couple of his own tears fall.

after a while they both calmed down. "haneul-ah think about it ok? i just want to see you compete in a competition without a mask and mr hong...actually that's for another time, you should go to sleep now it's getting late" the king suddenly stopped in the middle because he thought it wasn't the right time to say what he wanted to say right now, so he used the time as an excuse. but also because it was getting late.

"what about mr hong dad?" haneul asked after she noticed how her dad didn't continue that part of his sentence. "i'll tell you some other time, go get ready for bed now and please don't forget to think about that competition okay? goodnight haneul-ah i love you" and with a good nights kiss from the king, haneul was off to go get ready for bed as her father instructed. but as she was walking she was deep in her thought and she didn't realize her eyes were swollen and red from crying. the beauty then bumped into something, no someone and unfortunately for haneul they succeeded in noticing the girls sad eyes. when the princess looked up to apologize her eyes widened as she was faced with another problem.

"what in the world happened to you?!"