- 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺 : 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝 -

hearing those words pained haneul. she couldn't move, she couldn't think, she couldn't do anything, she was frozen. the princess forgot what she was panicking about because now she was panicking about something else.

"what?what are you talking about? mr hong are you alright? do you want to stay at the castle for a while? what-" haneul started to bambard the trusted male with questions while it was clear that his face was become sadder and sadder as seconds go by.

"no i'm okay for now, but i have cancer and i visited dr park and he said i only have a couple more months to live and-" before he could continue, haneul bursted into tears quickly covering her ethereal face with warm liquid. as much as mr hong tried to stay strong he couldn't hold his sadness  any longer as he also broke down.

"please be okay mr hong! please you can't leave us! you can't leave me!" the princess pleaded. "i'm still here okay you don't need to worry now go back to the castle" mr hong comforted "but-" "no buts mr kim please escort the princess to the carriage" as mr hong said, mr kim (the family's driver) escorted princess haneul to the carriage, well he had to practically drag her to it as she was still breaking down. mr kim put her inside of the carriage before bowing to her and going to the front to start the journey back to the castle. haneul knew that now with her dad coming home today, she couldn't come to the paddock as much as she wanted, not that she was sad about her dad coming back but with the new information she learned today - she wished she could have come to the fueld more often.

after a while, haneul calmed down and got changed to the extra gown she brought with the help of ms seo , who thankfully came along .hoping that her eyes weren't that red because she didn't want her brothers especially heeseung, jay and sunghoon to question her and most likely scold her.

as they arrived to the castle, haneul realized what the time actually was. it was way around lunch time so she's been gone for quite a while. this made her worried she was sure everyone was awake so as the carriage was going into the gate of the grand building, the princess mentally prepared herself for a scolding from one of the boys, however that was a bit hard as she was still thinking about mr hong. as they got closer, ms seo must've sensed or seen the nervousness and anxiety on the royals face and she held her hand as a sign of comfort and haneul didn't waste anytime on holding it back.

as they reached the hallway where the carriage would drop the princess off, before she even got her feet to touch the ground, shouts were heard. haneul knew she had to be prepared now because once she looked up every one of her brothers were staring at her dead in the eyes.

"now where have you been?"

——————————

important!
i noticed in the first chapters of the book the doctor names were changing - i. really sorry for the confusion but there are 2 doctors dr moon and dr park - i should've explained more on who is checking up on her and when - again sorry ❤️