- 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟽 : 𝚜𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚍𝚊𝚢 -

the princes was now eating breakfast and it has officially been around 24 hours since haneul was conscious. the atmosphere in the castle was very dark and anything but lively. spring was nearing and the flowers in the garden was had started to bloom. spring was also haneuls favourite season and everyone knew that so not having her run around the castle with flower petals in her hair like past years was going to be unusual.

"what are you guys going to do today?" heeseung asked his younger brothers after noticing how quiet their table was. "i'm going to go to the rink" sunghoon answered coldly. the ice prince was now significantly colder towards everybody but it was unintentional. "i'm going to training" jungwon said quietly. "i'm gonna be in my room" jay said with a blunt voice. "do you guys know that spring is coming soon?" jake reminded and niki suddenly jumped out of his seat. "oh ya! the flowers are probably already growing bigger - i need to go wake haneul up so we can go on a wa-" however, the young prince cut himself off after seeing the pained faces of his brothers. in that moment, the dancer remembered the condition his sister was in and he sat back down as a tear rolled down his cheek. "never mind, i'll just go pick some flowers up to give to haneul" "can i come?" jake and sunoo asked and the boy just nodded.

finishing up their unusual breakfast, the trio went out to the garden to pick the flowers while the others went out their separate ways. haneul specifically liked the flowers that were planted at the back of the field because it changed shades as spring passes on. the princess always says that 'it will never look the same the next day so we have to treasure what it looks like today'.

successfully finding the desired plant, the trio made sure to pick up the best ones and put them in the basket they had brought with them. the boys barely spoke with each other, either because they were too focused on picking the right flowers or because they don't know what to say. "that should be enough, let's go give it to her now" sunoo and niki nodded as jake informed them.

the walk to her room was painfully slow. they physically couldn't get themselves to move faster. every step they took, an image of a traumatizing past event would pop up into their heads, fresh as ever, as if it only happened recently.

when the trio finally reached her room and went inside quietly, they were met with the same dull atmosphere as yesterday. haneul was not getting any better and they could tell by just looking at her. she was paler than yesterday, if that was even possible, and her heart beat was weaker and slower.

jungwon, who was the one carrying the basket, approached the bed first but was slowly followed by the other two. the prince put the flowers on the bed side table and sat down next to her while the others found a spot somewhere else.

"haneul-ah, spring is coming and the flowers you like are starting to bloom. me, niki and jake got a lot for you, but please wake up soon so you can pick the ones you like yourself okay?" the fighter said with a tender voice as the other two was busy trying to hold in their tears.

the youngest stood up and went towards the vanity to get some tissues as his tears was slowly starting to fall. his vision was blurred as he tried to locate the tissue box. but instead he came across the box filled with letters. niki opened it, being curious about what could be inside it, and was shocked to see a paper at the top reading ' OPEN IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO ME - HANEUL '.

"uh, hyung? i found something" the dancer had informed the two others as they were just about to go out of her room after saying their goodbyes. "what is it?" jungwon asked while coming closer to niki. "i think haneul wrote something for us" jake looked at the envelopes in the box and immediately said "we should read it - later at dinner we should tell the others about it and read it together" with the younger ones agreeing, the trio left the room and went their separate ways, jake having the letter in his hold.

—————
time skip
—————

"uh hyung? me, jungwon and niki found something in haneuls room and i think we should read it together" the prince spoke up as they were just about finishing their dinner. "what is it?" heeseung questioned as jake passed the letter his way. "i don't know but let's read it - come on guys gather around"

after reading the letter, and re-reading it and re-reading it one more time, the brothers were left in tears. after calming each other down, each prince took the remaining letters and delivered it to the specific person it was written for.

as they are all getting ready for bed, all that was on their minds was the letter -  until they had remembered something very important. how did haneul even manage to end up this way?