- 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟹 : 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚗 -

throughout the day, the princes had tried to get into their sisters room and apologize as they knew they had messed up bad. but the princess wouldn't unlock her door. unfortunately, if her door was locked form the inside then there was no way someone could get in and vice versa. they were especially getting worried as haneul wasn't eating or drinking and her room was dead silent. the king was informed about everything and decided to try and get his devastated daughter out, despite him having a lot to do.

"haneul? please open up" he said as he knocked gently on her door but to no ones surprise, he got no answer. "haneul, please i don't have that much time until i need to go back to work" the king continued to plead as the princes walked was around him, praying the female would open up her door. finally, they heard the door opening and a tear-stained faced, princess came into their view. "omo! haneul!" the king quickly embraced the vulnerable haneul as her brothers looked at her with regret and sadness. "i need to go back to work but please haneul-ah, go eat something, anything and drink water please" the king pleaded before he bid his goodbyes and went away towards his office.

"hane-" before jake could say something, the female left in the direction of the dining room without sparing any of them a glance. this both shocked and hurt the princes as haneul never ignored them. reaching the dining room, the boys noticed how their sister was sitting further away from her usual spot and because of this, it caused some of them to start and move closer to her. "don't" the princess said coldly which caused everyone in the room to freeze including the care takers who were placing the food on the table. never in her life have haneul been this cold towards anybody, so her acting this way towards her brothers was very new and slightly concerning.

dinner was full of tension and the only thing heard was the sound of cutlery hitting their tables. the princes, especially niki and jungwon who haneul usually spends the most time with because of their close age, was trying to get her to talk to them. "haneul? is the food good?" sunoo tried for what it seems to be the 10th time, but as usual he got no answer. "haneul please say something, anything" niki desperately pleaded as he couldn't take the atmosphere that was present. the said individual looked towards him and her eyes slightly softened, but it quickly changed before anybody could notice. "fine, i'm leaving goodbye" and with that the female got up and walked towards her room. her plate of food was still quite full and all she had eaten was a bit of the vegetables.

this saddened the boys even more as that was not what they wanted her to say. niki and jungwon looked as if they were about to cry, sunoo and jake stopped eating, a colder aura surrounded sunghoon, jay looked as if he was in deep thought and heeseung looked defeated. they all looked miserable, but this was going to be the first of many days of haneul being like this.

——————————
Author - hello everyone! so i just noticed that i accidentally deleted my Happy new years chapter and i'm kinda sad :( also, i'm really sorry that the last few chapters are quite short - stay safe and thank you for reading ❤️