Chapter 12: The Perfect Cover

Y/n's POV

"Told you I was going to catch you." Conan said with a groan at the end

My eyes widened seeing that I fell on top of him. He was laying in the concrete with both of his hands wrapped around me.

"You idiot! You got hurt!" I yelled as I got off of him and helped him get up. His right hand was on his back and I held his other hand. "Jeez, I told you I was heavy."

"L-lets just go home." He said

I took his bag and we started walking back to Ran's house. I was feeling a bit guilty seeing him hold his back like that but I kept a poker face. We got home and Conan went to the bathroom and I went to the kitchen.

"Welcome back Lilith-chan! How was school?" Ran said

"It was good."

Conan came back and the 3 of us started eating in silence. I kept glancing at Conan for a second and then shifted my gaze back at my food.

~~~~~

I just got back from Professor Agasa's house after discussing some issues. If Ran and Oji-san asked about my parents I'll have to fake cry and say they died on their way home to Japan.

If they ask about the rings then I'll have to say that it was their engagement ring. I have their 'engagement ring' since it is the only memory I have left of them. I was playing with the deck of cards when suddenly Oji-san laughed loudly.

"What a piece of cake! I just got paid 500,000 yen for following some guy for 3 days!" He said putting the money that was on his hands down

"That's great! You're finally getting some good work done!" Ran said with Conan next to her

"Hahaha, finally the rest of society have noticed me." He said lighting up a cigarette

I'll have to get used to the smell of cigarettes. In my house, I've never smelled the scent of burnt things and especially cigarettes.

"And your work has gone great ever since Conan-kun and Lilith-chan came." Ran said looking at the 2 of us, "Maybe you bought us good luck!"

Conan let out an awkward laugh while I just put the cards away.

"Hey, how long are we going to keep him?" Oji-san asked, "Are his parents still in the hospital?"

"Well, his parents left the hospital already but had to go overseas for a urgent business they had."

"Hm, what about the little girl?"

I stopped and a fake tear escaped my left eye.

"Well..." Ran shifted her gaze to me and then back to Oji-san, "I haven't heard any-"

"They died." I said bluntly and went to my room

I closed the door behind me and wiped away my fake tears. I honestly didn't know how to say it as a little kid so I just said in the most easiest way they could understand what I was trying to say.

But I think they'll find it wierd if a 6 year old girl just said it like that as if it's nothing. I sat down on my bed and started doing magic tricks with the cards.