Chapter 23: Reunion at Mycroft

Y/n's POV
Cases, cases, cases. My world is now surrounded by cases, murders, deaths and Conan. All of that replaced magic tricks, Black Swan and thefts.

Both Conan and I go to cases together. Conan uses his tranquilizer on Oji-san to make him go to sleep and he solves the case using Oji-San's voice.

I sometimes help him with catching the murderer,  tracking someone, or even getting him evidence. I never thought that my abilities as Black Swan could be used in solving crimes scenes.

Conan and I have been getting closer day by day. He talks about cases he solved and how they call him 'Detective of The East'. Well used to call him that since he isn't Shinichi anymore.

A few weeks ago, a high school guy came into the agency asking to see Kudo Shinichi. He thought that Shinichi was hidden there by Ran.

The guy's name was Hattori Heiji. Tan, spiky dark brown hair, bright teal eyes, and a accent I couldn't quite describe. He was from Osaka and is nicknamed "Detective of the West".

That same day a case appeared and Heiji was able to help. But after that I don't know where he went.

"So your favorite book is "A Study in Scarlet?"

Oji-san, Ran, Conan and I are in a car for Sherlock Holmes Fans. There were four other people with in talking about their favorite books of Sherlock Holmes. One was driving and the other three were in the back with us.

"Yes." A women responded

"We could say that this case was the beginning of it all since it was Holmes' first appearance." A man joked

I sighed not knowing why I was here. I shouldn't even be here in the first place. I could've been stealing and returning gems right now. That could've been way better than sitting in a car talking about Sherlock Holmes.

"Why did I come on this trip?" Oji-san whispered to Ran

"It was Conan who entered us into the contest to participate in this trip." Ran whispered back, "Unfortunately we won."

"And you, what's your favorite story?" Ikuo Kawatsu, a 25 physical education teacher, asked Oji-san

"Err, me? I like "Ten Little Meagers.." He respond

The three of them stayed silent, questioning the book that Oji-san said.

"Ah, you want to say, "Ten Little Indians" I think." Toshiaki Fujisawa, age 47 train station employee, said

"It's an Agatha Christie Novel. Your favorite work isn't a sir Conan Doyle book!" Nanako Shimizu, 25 year old librarian, said

"An amateur was selected to participate on this trip.." Ikuo said making Oji-San's eye twitch

I chuckled at his reaction.

"What about you little one?" Nanako asked turning her gaze towards me

"Oh um.. I like.."The Red-Headed League." I responded hoping I said the right title of the book

"Really! I like that one too!!" Ikuo exclaimed, "What was your favorite part?"

"I really can't choose. The whole book was amazing!" I lied

Thankfully they all believed it. I wasn't a Sherlock Holmes fan nor a Conan Doyle's fan. 

After a few more minutes of driving. Hitomi Iwai, the driver, came to halt. We pulled up to a big house on top of a cliff. Below it was an ocean that crashed with the rocks at the bottom.

"Woah!! It's amazing!!" Ran yelled amazed at the beautiful sight she was seeing

I slowly walked to the edge of the cliff and stretched myself out to see the dark blue ocean. The moon was the only light that illuminated the dark place.